Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

9 hours ago, Halfblind said:

A doom mod that has characters from Teletubbies, Care Bears, Smurfs and My Little Pony in the same mod.

Oh my God. Miss only the minions and it's complete!

Well, if I recall correctly there's a teletubbies doom mod around there, there's also modern MLP doom mods, like rainbow dash hud and rarity doom (that is actually a chex quest partial conversion)... misses smurfs

Also I remember a platform game in the style of metal slug / contra using these characters as enemies made years ago (I remember it was made in the early 2000)....

A mod where you have to do a menial job (like flipping burgers) so that you can save up enough to build a PC, download the shareware version of Doom from an FTP server, troubleshoot why it doesn't work (IRQs, DMAs, and all), and deal with working around the common issues that plagued early-90s PCs.

If you can bring up E1M1 in-game (naturally, via the Doom-in-Doom method), you win.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:12 PM, Dark Pulse said:

troubleshoot why it doesn't work (IRQs, DMAs, and all),

There is an old DOS Shoot 'em Up game that detected all those settings for you. If you needed to know what they were you could load up that game and write them all down. You can download that game in the mod as an alternative if you complete a certain task or something.

Not an mod idea but more of a sprite edit. You take either the Cacodemon or the Pain Elemental put one single horn on the top of its head and color it purple. That way you can have the one eyed one horned flying purple people eater.

2 hours ago, themusicdingus said:

Brutal HDoom... oh god....

When you slide that dick into an imp-girl's pussy, blood inexplicably spawns along with semen, all using Mark's gore code.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

When you slide that dick into an imp-girl's pussy, blood inexplicably spawns along with semen, all using Mark's gore code.

now thats some br00tal intercourse

1 hour ago, Sgt Nate V said:

I'm not even sure if that's allowed on the forums.

13 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

When Super Shotkun gets fired, he REALLY goes off.

15 hours ago, themusicdingus said:

That's enough internet for today.

On 6/29/2018 at 9:43 AM, Pegleg said:

This discussion is starting to go off the rails.

A Doom mod about a train ride to Hell while Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" plays in the background?

2 hours ago, Master O said:

A Doom mod about a train ride to Hell while Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" plays in the background?

Actually, that doesn't sound half bad. I'm surprised it hasn't been done at some point.

NEW-SUPER-Brutal-brutal-hdoom-64-xxx-****cracked****-uncensored-edition-v18-alpha.n64.wad.pk3.tar.zip

A doom mod where every level plays "don't worry be happy" by Bob Marley yet the map fills with enemies every 10 tics.  

A gameplay mod that replaces all monsters with marines, and the player character is a zombieman. It can't shoot while moving, it can't move faster than walking speed, maximum hp is 20% and can't be affected by power ups in fact, you can't grab power ups, only your enemies can, your only means to deffend yourself is the standard issue crappy uac rifle. Last but not least all music from DOOM and DOOM II is replaced by versions of the same tracks but with zombie pain and death sounds.

Daft: Doom done in a blaxploitation action-comedy from the early 70s, with all the cheesy music and language from that era.

On 7/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, Solmyr said:

A gameplay mod that replaces all monsters with marines, and the player character is a zombieman. It can't shoot while moving, it can't move faster than walking speed, maximum hp is 20% and can't be affected by power ups in fact, you can't grab power ups, only your enemies can, your only means to deffend yourself is the standard issue crappy uac rifle. Last but not least all music from DOOM and DOOM II is replaced by versions of the same tracks but with zombie pain and death sounds.

Eh, I had the same idea of yours from quite long time...

On 7/9/2018 at 10:44 PM, Cell said:

KaizoDoom.

This could be a whole mapping genre. Non-repeatable linedef actions only, unavoidable damaging floors and required rocket jumps that are only possible if you never get hit by a monster and collect every health and armor item on the level... path blocked by barrels behind the door into a room where making a noise alerts a thousand of archviles, so you need to close the door, move way back, shoot a rocket at the door, outrun the rocket and open the door to let it destroy the barrels because it's just shooting and not explosions that alert monsters in doom...

5 hours ago, Scypek2 said:

it's just shooting and not explosions that alert monsters in doom...

Yeah, everyone knows that punching the air is way louder than an explosion.

Seriously, that area could've used a couple more lines of code.

Replacing every sprite and texture from Doom into crappy MS paint drawings, every sound be replaced with someones voice, and the soundtrack midi instruments be replaced with quacking ducks.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Piano DooM. If this isn't a thing... why not?

And play that on the piano, like that video where a man was using it to control the game.

44 minutes ago, FelixTheWolf said:

And play that on the piano, like that video where a man was using it to control the game.

I'd like to create maps for this piano, if player does things good - the music will be heared.

I mean, it's better to create maps based on existing music. If player play this music right - doomguy will win. I know, AI of monsters have randomized pathways, so this mod must be also have some changed monster behavior via decorate.

But...no one answered me when I've aksed about this ealier.