• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

On 7/22/2018 at 2:25 PM, DeXiaZ said:

Looks like the Hideous Destructor addon idea, lol

Looked it up. Haha, indeed. :^)

Also, the following one was on my mind for a long time but was overshadowed by my sketchy "don't risk being attacked in the face"
simulation. So:

Doom, except every single map is flipped.
(Yup, I am aware that the mere idea shouts for copyright infringement.)
There are possibly more than several dozens of players who know each and every map layout by heart, so that would be their time to practice their place recognition - playing those maps would confuse them heavily on every second turn.

3 hours ago, Cell said:

Doom, except every single map is flipped.
(Yup, I am aware that the mere idea shouts for copyright infringement.)

There are possibly more than several dozens of players who know each and every map layout by heart, so that would be their time to practice their place recognition - playing those maps would confuse them heavily on every second turn.

Like this?

I meant all the ammo and all the guns!Not just shotguns  and their shells :V

1 minute ago, SOSU said:

I meant all the ammo and all the guns!Not just shotguns  and their shells :V

Keep watching the video. There's more...

On 7/21/2018 at 3:01 PM, Cell said:

I am a nasty bastard... again.
Eyeslash.png.70bfd7b7793f2bf5d12a00a596666275.png
Get queasy if you want so, I don't mind. Seriously, you know what war jeopardy stands for, dontcha?

Doomguy for some reason forgets to wear a helmet, and now, every projectile that arrives at and hits him in the front has a 2% chance to render one of his eyes blind (depends on whether from the left or the right, too - for example, the premise for the right eye ranges from 45 degrees to the right to 15 degrees to the left and vice versa - however, you can only lose one eye by one attack). Melee attacks are five times more prone to do so. You even can go full blind, and no health restoration can counter this effect, your only chance is to start a new game.

The closest thing to a true Roguelike experience in Doom since Permadeath is impossible.

How about "Do" and "Om"? Do has the right half of the screen completely black, and Om has the left half of the screen black. And there should also be Doo, Oom, D, O, O and M.

10 hours ago, Eric the Sandvich said:

Doom but it's ASMR, you play by choosing which objects are the most satisfying to the monsters. Each monster has a different trigger.

you won me the idea :"v

Doom but every level is stuffed with the 8999 previous versions of the BFG 9000.

and the BFG 1 explodes instantly when fired

Doom, but you only have a strange arsenal of unreliable 16th century black powder weapons to fight the hordes of Hell. Weapons regularly misfire and malfunction up to and including violently exploding in your hands.

Doom but the demon invasion never happened and doomguy gets bored to tears from his life as a glorified rent-a-cop in Phobos.

Doom, But Doomguy's shoe laces are tied together and you can't run, jump, or go up and down any elevated surface without tripping. and when you get up, Doomguy gets dizzy and little Doomguy faces circle around you for a few seconds. And if you want to punish yourself even more, load it with extreme weapons pack.

On 7/25/2018 at 8:40 PM, Garbage said:

Doom but every level is stuffed with the 8999 previous versions of the BFG 9000.

and the BFG 1 explodes instantly when fired

When BFG 2 fires, a flag comes out of the weapon that says "Bang!"

Sort of an HDoom variant I guess, but..

Duck Hunt Doom, but instead of ducks, prostitutes jump out of the bushes and your rocket launcher shoots dildos.

I suppose the dog would be the pimp in this case.

31 minutes ago, Master O said:

When BFG 2 fires, a flag comes out of the weapon that says "Bang!"

JAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJJAKJAJAJJAJAJAJJAJAJAJJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJA XD

YOU MAKE MY DAY! XD

A mod where the Berserk kills everything on a 10 mile radius.

I actually am working on a mod right now called "The Really Dumb Music Mod".

Basically, every map in the game has a meme song playing in the background. I did this for every map.

A mod that changes nothing besides the title screen to the Doom 1 one

24 minutes ago, Dokta Whawee said:

I actually am working on a mod right now called "The Really Dumb Music Mod".

Basically, every map in the game has a meme song playing in the background. I did this for every map.

Will steamed hams be referenced anywhere? OwO

39 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

A mod where the Berserk kills everything on a 10 mile radius.

Even the player.

11 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Even the player.

That's the spirit!

:v

A slapstick doom mod, where weapons fire pies, anvils, grand pianos, etc at enemies, but instead of the enemies dying, they lay on the ground dazed like in old cartoons. 

Before you point out, I am aware that this exists. I just take a slightly different approach.

So, in this theoretical mod you can pick up Daisy's disembodied head-on-a-pole and turn it into a vicious weapon...
BUNNYWPN.png.ecb9aa102eff6ddf5c5fa4cb90d3f2cc.png

I tried (and failed) to re-model the ending fallout scene. Duh.

Bunny rabbits are cute and cuddly, sweet little animals, but that's just a sugarcoating, cunning disguise of dangerous amounts of vitriol they can accumulate within themselves. Being mutilated and murdered in such a cruel, undignified way as Daisy might trigger their deepest-buried, most intimate hatred, and thus result in their malevolent soul possessing their corpses - Daisy's head, in this case.

The ultimate outcome? An empowered, fast-firing BFG clone which shoots red-colored blasts five times as destructive and wide-ranged as the original BFG orbs, consuming 120 cells in one shot. Upon "firing Daisy", she (more precisely, her possessing soul) would shriek hateful one-liners towards the demons 20-25 per cent of the time. Like: "How DARE you hurt an innocent little bunny like me, you despicable abomination?!"

Spoiler

I think the best voice actress choice would be Lani Minella with the same (only a bit girlier) abrasive tone she voiced the eponymous character in the infamous Bubsy 3D.

Uh, that's so terrible and I just made it up.