Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

1 hour ago, Rimantas said:

Sequel to Doom II Hell on Earth. After earth invasion many demons were captured and caged in marine base thanks to Doomguy. You are one of marines and by accident got biten by imp. You start understand demons' language and one imp tells you, that you will mutate fully to their form and marines will kill or torture you. The only way to survive is to set all demons free and join them. You fight together with demons against humans. With each level you are mutated more and more. On last level you are Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind or Archvile (different on each playthrough) and boss is Doomguy.

site-cacoward.png&f=1

For those of you that still remember playing Doom as a child, an actual little child in the 4 to 6 year range - a Doom gameplay mod that forces you to play like a little child. By which I mean, any sneaky demon encounter will reduce Doomguy to a crying wreck unable to continue combat.

A mod that disguises itself as a weapon mod for Doom, but turns into an entirely new game once you complete MAP01.

16 hours ago, pc234 said:

A mod that disguises itself as a weapon mod for Doom, but turns into an entirely new game once you complete MAP01.

Nice concept, I'm gonna use it This is the stupiest idea ever.

P.S.: You've reminded to me an old megawad which starts as usual Map01 and your pistol is a Glock from Counter-Strike, but when you're finishing Map01 you're going to entirely new (and good) maps, lol

I doom mod where every monster fires tornado. The same tornado attack fired by Iron Lith from Heretic.

Hollywood Doom. All weapons have infinite ammo, explosions are GREATLY exaggerated (a single rocket or barrel explosion will cover half of the level in fire, but don't worry, Doomguy is immune to it), hitscanners have terrible accuarcy, and if your health drops to 0%, the camera will switch to third person and Doomguy will perform a 5 minute monologue before dying, while melancholic music plays in the background.

Edited by KVELLER : Typo

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

Hollywood Doom

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

explosions are GREATLY exaggerated

With classic Linkin Park tracks like "What I've done", lmao

Anime Doom

Everything is rendered in cel-shading. all weapons are replaced with different powers, and there's a 5-second delay for shouting that attack name. during this time, the monsters will just sit there waiting for the player to Finish! The! SENTENCE! it also replaces the soundtrack with many songs from famous japanese cartoons. in between some of the main levels there are filler ones where the objectives range from taking panty/upskirt photos, to reminiscing past levels and other non-important stuff.

Chicken mod: where u have to beat doom being morphed into a chicken (aka chicken form like in heretic)

or

Pig mod: same as above except as pig form like in hexen

Ace Attorney but it's Doom.

It would take place during the events of Doom II: Hell On Earth and the lawyers and witnesses would be demons and zombies. You will be playing as an Imp as the defense attorney, the main prosecutor that you're going to face in court would be a Revenant. The cases would be around monster infighting.

15 hours ago, Nekr0s1s said:

Anime Doom

Everything is rendered in cel-shading. all weapons are replaced with different powers, and there's a 5-second delay for shouting that attack name. during this time, the monsters will just sit there waiting for the player to Finish! The! SENTENCE! it also replaces the soundtrack with many songs from famous japanese cartoons. in between some of the main levels there are filler ones where the objectives range from taking panty/upskirt photos, to reminiscing past levels and other non-important stuff.

I'm imagining Doomguy beating the crap out of hordes of demons while the Fist of the North Star opening theme plays.

2 minutes ago, BrassKnight said:

I'm imagining Doomguy beating the crap out of hordes of demons while the Fist of the North Star opening theme plays.

I can almost hear Doomguy saying Omae wa mou shindeiru :v .

I've had this idea once for a mod where you could combine weapons through alchemy to create new, fancier guns. For example, combining a chaingun with a plasmagun would create a repeater, or a chaingun with a chainsaw would create a nailgun, or a shotgun with a pistol would create a rifle. I went as far as writing down all of the more basic weapon combinations between the vanilla guns, and got together a couple of guns sprites from the Zdoom forums and Realm667 that I planned on using for the mod, but alas, I realized I don't possess the required coding knowledge to pull it off, and I don't like asking for help usually. So that's the end of that, unless someone wants to steal the idea.

A Christian WAD. You're a priest, and you exorcise with light and cross, don't kill, because killing is against the Ten Commandments. Exorcised zombies and demons become believers and priests and say their prayers to Jesus Christ. All demonic items and signs are replaced with christian tokens.