Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

Ostrich Policy. Every projectile vanishes into oblivion the moment you turn your back to them.

23 minutes ago, Cell said:

Ostrich Policy. Every projectile vanishes into oblivion the moment you turn your back to them.

Sounds like an atmospheric feature in a horror mod about fighting your own mind. Then there should be projectiles that can hit you while you're not looking, but fade away if you look directly at them. Kinda like different types of threats in Five Nights at Freddy's but a lot more dynamic.

On 8/16/2017 at 6:22 AM, antares031 said:

Zombieman and imp shoot revenant's rocket.

Shotgun Guy shoots 3 rev's rockets in a row.

Chaingunner shoots rev's rockets rapidly.

Demon "punches" with its mouth.

Lost Soul spits rev's rocket.

Cacodemon also spits rev's rocket.

Bruiser Brothers throw deadly rev's rockets.

Arachnotron shoots super-fast rev's rockets rapidly.

Mancubus shoots rev's rockets in a way it originally did.

Arch-vile summons a storm of rev's rockets.

Spider Mastermind is equipped with a chaingun that shoots rev's rockets.

Cyberdemon is equipped with a launcher that shoots three super-ultra-hyper-extreme rev's rockets.

...Nevermind, this was just stupid.

BEST.MOD.EVER.

"No running or strafing allowed."

Mimicking the way most of us probably started playing.

A Doom Mod that is an RPG involving the daily lives of the Doomworld moderators.  

A Doom mod where the UAC Marines and Demons play American Football (Gridiron Football) to decide the fate of the world.  

Is there any mods out there that auto shoot enemies when u point the weapon at them.

Since im using my android to play Doom it be easi

16 minutes ago, Hossinto said:

Is there any mods out there that auto shoot enemies when u point the weapon at them.

You can simply watch Doom gameplay on Youtube and pretend playing. It's "easi" too.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:52 PM, Master O said:

A Doom point-and-click mod in the style of Lucasart's "Grim Fandango."

I have seen Doom converted into a side-scroller, a fighting game, a racing game, a dating sim, a resident evil-esque thing with fixed cameras and stuff; hell, even the official games that made Doom into an RPG and a (terrible I might add) Rail-shooter. I have never seen someone make a point and click engine for doom though.

On that note(and related to the rest of the thread), people need to port more genres of games to Doom. How about a Doom rhythm game? Or a Doom breakout clone? Shmup? Typing game? RTS? Come on, people!

30th anniversary megawad:

Each map up to MAP29 is a tribute to one specific year of Doom mapping, with mapping tropes of the era, or with outright references to specific famous mods (including custom enemies taken from other mods). MAP30 is the grand finale, a map which gradually evolves from 1994 to 2024 as you traverse it. After you complete the final battle, a cake with 30 candles is revealed and you blow them out as credits roll. (Or maybe the 30 candles are the final boss battle.)

Ridiculous and improbable ideas, eh? Lemme come up with a few...

• H-Chex Quest (3)
  • Explosive everything (even standing around too long)
  • Friend Heart Mechanic + Dream Friends in Doom
  • Every projectile is a revenant's rocket
  • Doom level that generates as you play it and never ends at all
  • The Sky May Be 2: The Imp-God's coming for You
  • H-Duke Nukem
  • "Doomguy and his Buddies are Furries" mod ("Oh, what's that, you say? Yiff in Hell? If by "yff" you mean "slaughter demons", then I'm already one step ahead of you, buddy.")
  • Mod where you play as Daisy (The demons thought they could kill Daisy, but little did they know this little bunny's got powers...)
  • Mod where your weapons are replaced with powerful weapons based on the spadinner era of YTP (never has a bowl of spaghetti taken down a Cyberdemon)
  • Mod where you can finally summon (or rather, toss in) terrywad enemies to murder the demons instead of murdering you. ("Eat DickFail, hellspawn!")
  • The floor is super-slippery ice, and if affects everyone
  • Lancer/Jevil companion
  • Late-game Terraria weapons for Russian Overkill
  • Play as (or summon the help of) Minions mod
  • Strong Bad in Samsara
  • Crash Bandicoot in Samsara

That's all I can think of for now.

EDIT: Few more ideas 'cause why not

• Square (The Adventures of Square) in Samara
  • TAoS enemies in SchMonsterMixer
  • Nepeta in Samsara
  • Pistol replaced with Portal Gun
  • Your only weapon is a weapon that can change the floor/ceiling values of sectors
  • H-Heretic/Hexen
  • Everyone/Everything moves stupidly fast
  • Everyone/Everything moves painstakingly slow
  • Everyone/Everything moves like a drunken semi-blind clown
  • Doomguy slaughters his way through Site 19 (H-Doom compatible)
  • Dover Boys in Samsara
  • Everything's ridiculously tiny
  • The Vanilla Doom Levels now have invisible teleporters and subtly changed level part clones that make you go "That's not how I remember the level...?"
  • Daytime Drama's Troll-gun as a BFG replacement and is upgradeable in order of blood color
  • Bubsy's Revenge ("This could finally be my second good game!")
  • Instead of fighting demons, you have to debate the fuck out of them in a Tumblr/Reddit-like webisite
  • Play as Ralsei and put the entirety of hell to sleep (The pacifying hell) instead of killing it all
  • DK64 Weaponset for Doom
  • Flippy/Flipqy in Samsara
  • Doomguy's main and only weapon is the Star Rod
  • Mod where it's pretty much a compete exaggeration of what the anti-BD crowd thinks Brutal Doom is
  • You play as Flowey, and you make all the monsters infight each other instead of directly attacking them
  • H-Doom addon for Mr. Friendly
  • Some arthouse-esqe mod where all the textures are strange checkerboard patterns instead of sane texture design
  • Another arthouse-esque mod where you spawn in a huge, complex map.... and you can't do anything except look around.
  • A mod in vein of the first one except instead of checkerboards, everything's extremely abstract art to the point where you don't even know what's a wall, decorate, monster, or particle.
  • Yet another pretentious mod where you spawn in a sprawling and complex map... and you can't move in the x or z-axis.
  • Map where you have to walk a ridiculously thin, bendy, and long line to get to the goal, and it chucks a Rev in front of you near the end just to be an asshole
  • Doom but with clunky tank controls
  • Level where all you have to do is walk down a hallway to the exit... and it's utterly stupidly long.
  • Megawad with ridiulously complex rooms... and no keys, monsters, and pickups whatsoever.
  • Level where you can't see shit
  • Level that abuses the "You were hallucinating the whole time" cliche to no end.
Edited by kinker31 : More ideas 'cause why not

On 12/10/2018 at 9:37 AM, JudgeDeadd said:

30th anniversary megawad:

Each map up to MAP29 is a tribute to one specific year of Doom mapping, with mapping tropes of the era, or with outright references to specific famous mods (including custom enemies taken from other mods). MAP30 is the grand finale, a map which gradually evolves from 1994 to 2024 as you traverse it. After you complete the final battle, a cake with 30 candles is revealed and you blow them out as credits roll. (Or maybe the 30 candles are the final boss battle.)

That's not a ridiculous idea, that's an awesome idea!

8 hours ago, Master O said:

A Doom mod that parodies this game:

You have reminded to me an old russian Doom fanfic about cooperation between DoomImp and Doomguy with 2 different storylines which mixed together some time after. Someone said that it would be good as a mod...

UPD:

On 12/13/2018 at 4:04 PM, terrcraftguy695 said:

Running away from explosive barells while they are explodeing 

The extreme edition of "Barrels o' Fun"? Sounds stupid, of course, but I'd give it a try...

On 3/14/2018 at 8:02 PM, Valgilton said:

What about a mod where doomguy is clumsy and sometimes incompetant but still relatively playable?

He should randomly make mistakes with his weapons, such as:

- When reloading the SSG, he sometimes misses the hole and drops one of the shells on the floor, leading him to only have a shot the strength of a normal shotgun.

- Or sometimes, he can drop both shells by accident, which can be a rare event.

- Chance to accidentally drop the shells is increased when moving.

- His aim quivers with the pistol, instead of the typical pinpoint accuracy.

- With the chaingun, he doesn't know how to withstand the recoil, so he gets flung backwards a lot, as well as a lot of aim shaking.

- He finds it hard carrying the BFG, so the player has to constantly look up while using it, or else he will shoot the floor.

- Same goes for the rocket launcher, but not as much.

- The normal shotgun sometimes jams, and he has to unjam it by forcibly pumping it before he can continue firing.

- He trips and has to regain his balance if he misses a punch.

- With the chainsaw, he has to restart it every once in a while with a string-pulling animation. Chunkier monsters (Revenants, Cyberdemons) make it jam more often.

- He covers his eyes whenever he uses the plasma gun, so the screen has to turn black every time he fires it.

Or he could be clumsy with other things, such as:

- Sometimes he accidentally puts the key in the slot backwards, so there has to be a short period of time where he re-aligns it.

- Sometimes trips when running up stairs. Causes him to stutter and also interrupts him from shooting or reloading.

- He could also slip sometimes when treading on liquids.

- Maybe as an optional thing, but he can also trip on fallen enemies sometimes.

- When putting on armour, it takes a long time to put it on, and he sometimes puts it on backwards, so he has to do it again.

- Sometimes, when the level starts, he could be looking the other way, and the player has to turn around.

- Takes some time to pat the flames off of him when he's hit by an imp fireball, or a mancubus missile (whatever you call those)

- Hesitates before getting on high elevators, and refuses to go on unless the player presses the forward key a second time.

- Around corners, he can sometimes stub his toe on the edge, which makes him flinch and subtracts 1 health.

- He walks slower, and also has more view bob the more ammo and weapons he has.

- Sometimes has trouble with doors and switches, causing them to need a second press in order to function.

- Accidentally kicks over singular rockets, causing an explosion, harming himself in the process.

- Lite Amplification goggles are sometimes put on at a weird angle, and need to be corrected.

Those are just a couple I could name off the top of my head. Terrible ideas, but also could be doable.

Sounds like a Cacowards nominee. Somebody please make this a thing!

On 12/20/2018 at 12:49 AM, kinker31 said:

• H-Chex Quest (3)

That is some milk no one wants.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:49 AM, kinker31 said:

• Square (The Adventures of Square) in Samara
  • TAoS enemies in SchMonsterMixer

I didn't know that you have some similarities between you and me, and I have the same thing when I have an idea of Scott and Rebecca (Wool Ball) in Samara as a Tag Team, and Wool Ball enemies in SchMonsterMixer.

Every weapon fires bfg shots except the bfg, which fires pistol shots. The effect is given to all the enemies as well.

19 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

The Sky May Be style?

Oh man, that wad's a piece of work.  What drugs was he smoking when he created it?

On 10/27/2018 at 10:37 AM, HorrorMovieGuy said:

I've had this idea once for a mod where you could combine weapons through alchemy to create new, fancier guns. For example, combining a chaingun with a plasmagun would create a repeater, or a chaingun with a chainsaw would create a nailgun, or a shotgun with a pistol would create a rifle. I went as far as writing down all of the more basic weapon combinations between the vanilla guns, and got together a couple of guns sprites from the Zdoom forums and Realm667 that I planned on using for the mod, but alas, I realized I don't possess the required coding knowledge to pull it off, and I don't like asking for help usually. So that's the end of that, unless someone wants to steal the idea.

Send the combinations in, i feel like doing this.

9 hours ago, Master O said:
9 hours ago, KVELLER said:

The Sky May Be style?

Oh man, that wad's a piece of work.  What drugs was he smoking when he created it?

Boredom and an interest in "anti-walkthoughs" one one very potent drug.

There should totally be a sequel.

17 hours ago, Master O said:

• H-Chex Quest (3)

There's someone out there who'd want that milk. ...Not sure who, but there's someone.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, Master O said:

Oddly, it'd work even better than HDoom because, well, weird liquid substance.

I regret nothing

Randomizer: Maxifuckup edition

I think it'd just replace all actors in doom. I hope you like having imps firing rockets at you right next to a flashing wall.

Backwards Doom

just as the name says, everything is in reverse; music, levels, graphics and it goes on. if you look hard enough, maybe you'll spot some subliminal messages. :D