Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

3 minutes ago, Nekr0s1s said:

Backwards Doom

just as the name says, everything is in reverse; music, levels, graphics and it goes on. if you look hard enough, maybe you'll spot some subliminal messages. :D

DooD has a very similar concept.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:58 AM, FractalBeast said:

Sooooo, Commander Doom?

Why hasn't that been done before actually? a Doomiefied Commander Keen? At least, I've never heard of it.

Yes please!

Commander Keen needs more attention from DOOMers...

Hospidoom. You are Nurseguy and must heal monsters wounded in battle with Doomguy. You heal them in hospital or in battlefield by giving them health packs and armor. None of monsters can die, or game over.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:08 PM, Cell said:

Ostrich Policy. Every projectile vanishes into oblivion the moment you turn your back to them.

This would revolutionize the way Revenants were handled by players.

A couple odd ideas I've had lately:

• A fighting game-style arcade ladder. On each map, you fight a challenging demon (i.e. not just a vanilla imp or baron) in a small arena. I've seen similar WADs before, but I don't think any of them had an overt fighting game theme or a laser focus on 1v1 battles.
  • A showdown with the King of the Monsters himself, Godzilla. Bonus points if the player has ridiculous, Russian Overkill-style weaponry to go toe-to-toe with him.

Madden Doom

Pick your team and player and try to go to the endzone, no matter what. Some of the teams have players with special abilities, such as:

- Patriotic snooping
See what the other team is doing and what play they will call.

- Partial deflation

Ball gets partially deflated, allowing for a easier catch. (but it also increases the chances of having your pass be intercepted)

- PED Power

Become faster and jump higher to catch those air passes for a limited time.

- Berserk
The original berserk power-up. Makes you easier to tackle other players. Be careful when trying to sack the QB, as there's a random chance that this act will be considered "roughing the passer".

Not exactly a stupid mod idea, but I wish somebody would make an update to Truckosaurus (G/ZDOOM), adding more living things to kill, more power-ups, more levels, etc. It's just sad to see it not get much attention.

A mod where this could even remotely be possible:
60350584_VILE8.png.cf2498056bb98afdbe7b6454d2f876bf.pngW108_1.png.760d44c66ec068cd02a7eba1d397a423.png

VILEB1E1.png.d18e58989c1a0d1cf6490c30f546f65f.pngWALL48_1.png.14aed14231ec3bc27cc41976540aabd0.pngBOSSB2B8.png.40f051c59eb8f0f613223d6126298660.png
would be equally stupid and cool I believe.
(Yup, necromancy apparently makes chains disappear as well.)

Edited by Cell

4 hours ago, Rimantas said:

Doomageddon. You drive car instead of using weapons. Health pick ups replaced by repair kits.

So pretty much like Truckosaurus but with the same Classic DOOM gameplay?

14 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

Don't you know Carmageddon?

I do. I also know Truckosaurus is based on it.

Hurt or heal: Everything has a 50 / 50 chance of giving you more or giving you less. So 4+ shotgun shells or 4- shotgun shells. 25% health or 25% harm. It is set by the level's start, not when you get the item. This will prevent reloads.

Melee Doom: Doomguy "forgot" everything he knew about guns due to brain damage caused by extensive use of berzerk pack. He can still pick up weapons and ammo, but instead he uses them as makeshift clubs (Shotguns), throws them as javelins (Rocket Launcher), boomerangs (BFG 9000K), flails (Chainsaw), and grenades (Rockets).

On 1/1/2019 at 9:26 PM, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Former Human.wad

Every enemy is the Former Human.

There is no exceptions.

Wasn't there a mod by Doomguy2000 that let you do that?

A mod where items, weapons, decoration and powerups attacks you.

Plus dead bodies resurrects.

Yeah, I know a similar thing was already made, but I like to see it evolved.

Who's behind this level?

HUD shows level designer's name and portrait who worked on current map (John Romero / Tom Hall / Sandy Peterson / etc.)

Of course the mod is compatible only with original doom wads :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but what about a mod where the player's only weapon is his fists, and the weapons are just minor upgrades?

An amusement park game like rct2 but doing things in doom like, "Killing a Baron is 7.00 excitement but 7.50 intensity", i have no idea.

4 minutes ago, Nekr0s1s said:

pick up poop from the ground and throw it. would go nicely with the Nature's Call mod.

You mean like in the BeSt dUkE NuKem gAmE?

On 1/10/2019 at 5:34 PM, Voltcom9 said:

Close but not quite. Every enemy was replaced by the WolfensteinSS with an endless American Anthem replacing the music lol.

I was thinking of another mod he made that let you replace an enemy with another enemy, i.e., replace the Cyberdemon with a single Zombieman. I believe the defaults had the Romero head be replaced with a lamppost.

a mod about a scientist who goes on an adventure to destroy EA headquarters, while also breaKing lots of cameras on your way.

2 minutes ago, Crackers0106 said:

doom battle royale

Already exists as w.i.p. beta...yare yare...Still, this is "stupid"