Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

You're part of an elite fighting squad.   Officially you don't exist, but secretly you report directly to President Dan Quayle.

The spelling of potatoe has been amended in the English dictionary.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:35 PM, Voltcom said:

I have a couple terrible ideas...

-Brutal Shadow of the Wool Ball

-Brutal John Romero Skittles

-Brutal the Sky May Be

-Brutal HDoom

I already thought of Brutal HDoom. But while we're on the subject, I've seen HDoom, and it's terrifying.

2 hours ago, Skullhacker said:

I already thought of Brutal HDoom. But while we're on the subject, I've seen HDoom, and it's terrifying.

Oh no, demon tits and a few R-18 scenes involving said demons. Clearly the most terrifying sight to ever behold mankind as a whole. Forget Terry WADS that assault the eyes/ears and fuck with ZDoom-based port configurations, or the deluge of extremely low effort trash that gets posted to the archives almost every day that sometimes don't even exceed past one room, making the demons cute and fuckable is clearly the worst thing you can do to Doom! AVERT THINE EYES FROM DEMON TIDDY, AVERT THINE EYES!

1 hour ago, kinker31 said:

Oh no, demon tits and a few R-18 scenes involving said demons. Clearly the most terrifying sight to ever behold mankind as a whole. Forget Terry WADS that assault the eyes/ears and fuck with ZDoom-based port configurations, or the deluge of extremely low effort trash that gets posted to the archives almost every day that sometimes don't even exceed past one room, making the demons cute and fuckable is clearly the worst thing you can do to Doom! AVERT THINE EYES FROM DEMON TIDDY, AVERT THINE EYES!

Well said.

1 hour ago, kinker31 said:

Are you making fun of me cause I don't like HDoom?

5 minutes ago, Skullhacker said:

Are you making fun of me cause I don't like HDoom?

"To each their own" and all that , but trust me, there's much worse stuff than animu demon tiddies. (and H-Doom is really not that bad of a mod, even if it's cheesy, very R-18, and might come with a few annoying implications) Besides, I poke fun at a lot of people, myself included. I'd be even more of a hypocrite than I already am if the latter wasn't the case.

Any time you kill a demon the game gets faster, by time the player kills at least five monsters the game will be 5X speed up.

*NOTE* If this can't be done in gzdoom sorry.

Fagys.png.684a19f85936f6c39feff3fdee6532bd.png

2 minutes ago, DRMman said:

Any time you kill a demon the game gets faster, by time the player kills at least five monsters the game will be 5X speed up.

Better Idea: The game also adds a x0.25 multiplier every 4 seconds or so on top of that, and that there's no upper cap to how fast the game can get. This also affects every single projectile in the game in the form of an additional mulitiplier, so not only will your example of x5 being, well, x5 the speed of the normal game, projectiles will fire at the speed of the game, but squared. Yes, this includes Cyberdemon Rockets and Mancubus Flames.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:53 PM, Deⓧiaz said:

[In response to an idea where all of Doom 2's maps should be compiled into one huge map]

Whoops...

Since Memorial's already taken, New Idea: Memorial^2: Every single Doom Map, including the following in order: The Three Ult. Doom Episodes, Thy Flesh Consumed, SI6IL, Hell On Earth (probably lifted from memorial.wad if we're going the route of adding more enemies 'n guns and all that), No Rest For the Living, The Plutonium Experiment, TNT Evilution, and all the Master Levels (Bad Dream being the final room in the WAD you'll have to go though, followed by an extra thing after that). Oh, and the enemy placement will follow memorial.wad/Maps of Chaos's rules, so you'll probably have to deal with a huge wave of Chaingunners at the near tail end of E1M1.

Edited by kinker31 : Turns out memorial.wad does not do anything after MAP32.

Role reversal. Play as the Icon of Sin, wait for Doomguy to show up, and throw cubes at him.

For added spice, your perspective is John Romero's head, so you can barely see where Doomguy is.

Just now, Castelia said:

Role reversal. Play as the Icon of Sin, wait for Doomguy to show up, and throw cubes at him.

For added spice, your perspective is John Romero's head, so you can barely see where Doomguy is.

Maybe as the Icon of Sin, your job is to place the monsters in the right spots with the limited types of monsters you've got, each stage being either a Doom I Map or a Doom II Map.

3 minutes ago, kinker31 said:

Maybe as the Icon of Sin, your job is to place the monsters in the right spots with the limited types of monsters you've got, each stage being either a Doom I Map or a Doom II Map.

A Doom strategy game mod. Interesting.

You are a UAC operative who has to clean up all the blood, shell casings, etc left behind after Doomguy's mission is over.

A Hexen visual novel where you help Korax write and rehearse his hub-introduction taunts.

Ettin Simulator 2020

8 hours ago, kinker31 said:

"To each their own" and all that , but trust me, there's much worse stuff than animu demon tiddies. (and H-Doom is really not that bad of a mod, even if it's cheesy, very R-18, and might come with a few annoying implications) Besides, I poke fun at a lot of people, myself included. I'd be even more of a hypocrite than I already am if the latter wasn't the case.

I guess that makes sense.

Doom designer.

You get to place things in a huge empty lot, and basically make a map in a Doom map

16 hours ago, kinker31 said:

Better Idea: The game also adds a x0.25 multiplier every 4 seconds or so on top of that, and that there's no upper cap to how fast the game can get. This also affects every single projectile in the game in the form of an additional mulitiplier, so not only will your example of x5 being, well, x5 the speed of the normal game, projectiles will fire at the speed of the game, but squared. Yes, this includes Cyberdemon Rockets and Mancubus Flames.

Perfection.

Inspired by the infamous MAP02 glitch in BFG edition, a megawad that makes only underhalls remakes after MAP02

Bonus point: a megawad made only of MAP01 remakes after MAP01

A maze levels community project

The Sims Doom. Great idea

Or maybe a mod where Doomguy runs a YouTube beauty channel

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Inspired by the infamous MAP02 glitch in BFG edition, a megawad that makes only underhalls remakes after MAP02

Can you elaborate on this?

5 hours ago, seed said:

Can you elaborate on this?

It came from this youtuber video that i found out about a bug that, if you hit

Spoiler

the east wall at the west monster closet room after you get the red keycard

in BFG edition, it returns backs to MAP02 again. This happens because the BFG edition team worked on the Xbox edition of Doom 2, and that said spot is the secret exit for MAP33 "exclusive" secret level, that is still present in the IWAD and reachable via gzdoom with console command "map", but here doesn't work due to bad compiling from Xbox to PC, if i get right the story.

7 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

It came from this youtuber video that i found out about a bug that, if you hit

Hide contents

the east wall at the west monster closet room after you get the red keycard

in BFG edition, it returns backs to MAP02 again. This happens because the BFG edition team worked on the Xbox edition of Doom 2, and that said spot is the secret exit for MAP33 "exclusive" secret level, that is still present in the IWAD and reachable via gzdoom with console command "map", but here doesn't work due to bad compiling from Xbox to PC, if i get right the story.

Oh, yea, I'm aware of the Betray exit in Underhalls.

It was broken in the PC version of BFG Edition of Doom 2, but various ports that support it fix the exit so it transitions to MAP33 correctly. It makes more sense now, by the way, one does not have enough Underhalls xd.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:33 PM, Mengo said:

Doom designer.

You get to place things in a huge empty lot, and basically make a map in a Doom map

you mean like kgBuild or Sectotcraft....

You're part of an elite squad of assassins.   Officially you don't exist, but secretly you report directly to President Chelsea Clinton.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:45 AM, SOSU said:

Demon Man vs The Space Marines
You are a super demon that has the doom 2 enemy attacks as weapons and fight of against space marines using Doomguys arsenal.

Rampage Edition?

Edit: Ah i forgot...there's been many wads of many kinds where you play as the doom 2 enemies to count. i'm not going to mention them all

Edited by doomsucksass

On 1/17/2020 at 9:00 AM, Rainne said:

You are a UAC operative who has to clean up all the blood, shell casings, etc left behind after Doomguy's mission is over.

A Hexen visual novel where you help Korax write and rehearse his hub-introduction taunts.

Ettin Simulator 2020

I definitely wouldn't want to be the guy cleaning up all those corpses.  Talk about a thankless job.

3 hours ago, Boomslang said:

camera mode, take a pic with your favorite hell bros!

I think InstaDoom allows for multiplayer, so that idea's technically been realized!