Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

13 hours ago, Master O said:

SNK Doom

Hey, TerminusEst is working on a mod where you play as Terry Bogart.

18 hours ago, Albertoni said:

Hey, TerminusEst is working on a mod where you play as Terry Bogart.

I hope the final boss has SNK Boss Syndrome.  That would just be hilarious.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:24 PM, Master O said:

SNK Doom

I mean the Metal Slug series is in part by SNK, so that could be neat, or maybe I just want to hear RAWKET LAWNCHAIR when I grab a new weapon.

On 3/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, SOSU said:

Remember Vietnamese Crystal?

Now we're getting Vietnamese Doom and it's not even by the guy who made Deus Vult :D

Wait what, where?

44 minutes ago, Albertoni said:

Wait what, where?

Vietnamese Crystal is a romhack (?) Of Pokemon crystal that is a hilariously weird and crazy translation of the game.

21 hours ago, SOSU said:

Vietnamese Crystal is a romhack (?) Of Pokemon crystal that is a hilariously weird and crazy translation of the game.

That I know, I was interested in Vietnamese Doom

Not really a mod, but more of a script/program idea: "DeHackEd Roulette!"

A script/program generates a DeHackEd file that randomly messes with the states of monsters, items, projectiles etc.

Always wanted "Kirby Doom" where you "suck" up the different doom creatures and use their abilities. Feel like that could be hella fun, alas I don't know programming so it ain't going to be me lol

7 hours ago, Albertoni said:

That I know, I was interested in Vietnamese Doom

Ah, Vietnamese Doom was my stupid mod idea :'')

1 hour ago, FrozenPizza said:

Always wanted "Kirby Doom" where you "suck" up the different doom creatures and use their abilities. Feel like that could be hella fun, alas I don't know programming so it ain't going to be me lol

i think that thing cant be programmed even in gzdoom xD

1 hour ago, URROVA said:

i think that thing cant be programmed even in gzdoom xD

There are many things that would be difficult to make in GZDoom, especially for me as I am pretty much a noob at GZDoom scripting...

BUT... I don't think it would be too difficult to add all the abilities the monsters have, then have custom hotkeys assigned to them (many many mods do this) and then turn monsters in to objects that can be picked up and then test the monster type to see what abilities that should be unlocked... a monster can be both a monster and an item at the same time without too much difficulty... I have already made several private gameplay mods where I can add in abilities from monsters... like being able to fire an imp fireball etc... very easy to do. Only monster that would be a bit tricky might be the archvile while others are very easy... like the spider master mind or the cyber demon... really they just have a chaingun and a rocket launcher combined with insane amounts of health. Even flying isnt that difficult to add as an ability.

I did a for fun experiment for my own private pleasure about 2 years ago, where I added in civilians (borrowed from GeneTech) and made it a mission parameter to rescue atleast one civilian per level (by picking them up as if they were an item, but that particular experiment required support for this in the map itself as well)... It's not difficult though and I think it would be possible to make a generic gameplay mod that does this and doesn't need specific support from a level (as in no longer dependent on level scripts).

maybe I should start making gameplay mods for GZDoom based on ideers in this thread?

I do have my 40k complete monster replacement project that is very near completed, its been way too long since I posted updated info on this mod... I need to get back to it soon (loads and loads of quake 3 player models, some of them modified).

A damn shame that I had to close down GZDoom-1, I think I could've made some fun stuff for it

Edited by CBM

On 7/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, Naarok0fkor said:

Cacodemon player mod...

HEADA2A8.png

if I recall correctly, there are already several gameplay mods that lets you select a monster to play as. I myself made a private version of a mod where somebody remade catacomb 3d... I then added sprites from the ms paint doom mod as those sprites meshed pretty okayish with the low res stuff that was already in the original catacomb 3d mod... its part of my personal collection of gameplay mod where I edit mods made by others by tweaking them to suit my own taste... I would never dream of releasing such mods though as I feel I would be violating the original creators. Atleast with After Dawn (based on genetech) and my 40k tanks (based on the 3D tanks in vietdoom) WIP projects, I have gotten permission from Enjay and Sgt Mark

I added a caco demon, a baron of hell, an imp and the original wizard guy as playable classes in my private version of the catacomb 3d mod..

no big deal really... and nowhere near a state where I feel it is worth sharing with anybody anyway as the whole visual aspect of it is ... well... at the level that catacomb 3d was back then due to the original mod, some monster playable races mod (might even have been an unreleased personal gameplay mod of mine) and the ms paint mod that I kitbashed together to make my abomination of a private mod

however, PLENTY much better versions of such mods already exist anyway...

Edited by CBM

3 hours ago, SOSU said:

Ah, Vietnamese Doom was my stupid mod idea :'')

As a Vietnamese myself, I would be interested in seeing how this mod would turn out if it were to be made.

47 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

As a Vietnamese myself, I would be interested in seeing how this mod would turn out if it were to be made.

It is already made, here is a link to Alpha v3

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vietdoom

Sergent Mark has done Some incredible mods but vietdoom is his greatest mod yet and it is quite simply the coolest mod I have ever seen. Period.

And here is a link to One of the Many Play as a cacodemon mods

3 minutes ago, CBM said:

vietdoom

Good mod yeah, though I partially dislike his use of NAM's NVA voice clips for enemies. Might have changed though.

6 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Good mod yeah, though I partially dislike his use of NAM's NVA voice clips for enemies. Might have changed though.

Okay

But it is more Than just great. It is THE coolest mod ever made for Doom. Even Sigil from Romero the doom god himself,  cant hold a candle to the ability in vietdoom to "easily" add 3d destroyable scenery models and driveable 3d tanks, aircrafts and other 3d model vehicles to doom

"Cinematic Doom."

Put a ugly greenish wannabe cinematic filter on the entire game.

Over the top bloom effects that resemble a typical game from 2009.

Vignette effect; cause nothing says cinematic like obscuring the top and bottom edges of the screen.

Depth of field effects even when two feet away from a door.

Terrible cutscenes with a letterbox effect, said effect conflicts with the vignette effect.

Motion blur.

Hdr lighting that is blinding.

Overly saturated colors.

Generic sound effects that replace the default ones, primarily for the guns.

Remix the entire soundtrack to sound more 'cinematic.' Remove and replace other music tracks.

Completely change the gameplay and flip several assets from previous games.

Desaturated colors when in cutscenes.

On 7/13/2021 at 11:55 PM, FrozenPizza said:

I think that actually exists (in an unfinished state, but apparently playable). I think it was an old ZDOOM wad, there might be videos on Youtube.

7 hours ago, Naarok0fkor said:

A Transformers WAD...either player or monsters...

90s comes to the rescue... Again!

http://www.transformersworld.dx.am/museum/www.bee.net/optimus/files/tfdoom57.zip

Also exist this Beast Wars wad that i never heard of (and no either the web page author): http://xoomer.virgilio.it/tfmedia/bwdown.html

On 7/13/2021 at 8:40 PM, Ar_e_en said:

Not really a mod, but more of a script/program idea: "DeHackEd Roulette!"

A script/program generates a DeHackEd file that randomly messes with the states of monsters, items, projectiles etc.

That's actually a thing i want to see!

4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

That's actually a thing i want to see!

It could be like one of those randomizers that other games have (like Earthbound, Zelda, Dark Souls, Castlevania etc.). It should have a setting that sets how strict the changes should be, like if you set it to be too strict - it would be stable and beatable, but if you give it no boundaries - it will be chaotic and possibly crash-prone.

11 hours ago, Master O said:

Postal 2 Doom

A total conversion, or just a town full of demons killing each other on their way to do groceries? The latter could be pretty cool actually, like a playable version of Gaming Gargoyle's videos. With open world and dialogue like Strife, but wackier and more sociopathic.

Oh, and Nature's Call exists, so it wouldn't require too much coding to add weaponized piss.