• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

7 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

This sounds interesting...

5 hours ago, Wavy said:

That's honestly not a bad idea for a community project.

But how would that work then?

I guess it could work something like Doom -1... except that all the levels are initially random generated by OBLIGE or something?

5 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Jokes aside, I'd play that

Hide contents

Seriously, I legitimately think it'd be an interesting mod

Hehe, in my mind I imagine recording and then ingame playing phrases like.... "I just killed a cacodemon.... can you say... caco... demon?" - but yes I guess I would play something like that too for the novelty factor alone.

1 hour ago, CBM said:

But how would that work then?

I guess it could work something like Doom -1... except that all the levels are initially random generated by OBLIGE or something? 

I was thinking that each mapper generates one map with their own settings in OBLIGE or Obsidian, then they just edit it from there.

1 hour ago, Wavy said:

I was thinking that each mapper generates one map with their own settings in OBLIGE or Obsidian, then they just edit it from there.

Hmm, that might just work. It would be a kind of cool idea for a CP.

However, it seems each generator is different, my favorite so far is oblige. It has been the one that has been most consistent in creating levels that I enjoy.

I've tried oblige, obhack, obsidian and slige

I don't know if there are others as well...

Edited by CBM

Mockery trilogy remake in the style of semi-serious wads.

....or Mock 2 in Name Only.

Weapon mod with a lava lamp launcher that has an AOE effect that leaves broken glass and hot wax on the floor, damaging whatever enemy walks on it. 

A mod with bfg variants of  weapons and enemies. Where you slowly upgrade your arsenal with weapons such as the big f***ing chaingun and enemies like the big f**ing icon of sin 9000. Think of it like russian overkill except your not the only one with nukes.

Well... there could be league of legends wad, exept instead of it being moba, it would be you vs all of the champions. however copyright might come down hard on that one

3 hours ago, DarkIceCyclone said:

Well... there could be league of legends wad, exept instead of it being moba, it would be you vs all of the champions. however copyright might come down hard on that one

At once?

On 10/20/2021 at 12:26 PM, Ashurion Neonix said:

A mod with bfg variants of  weapons and enemies. Where you slowly upgrade your arsenal with weapons such as the big f***ing chaingun and enemies like the big f**ing icon of sin 9000. Think of it like russian overkill except your not the only one with nukes.

The big f**ing pistol :D

Doom in Percussion Only

Delete all notes on the base MIDIs other than percussion, and then make songs around it.

doom soduku - you need to solve sodukus in order to open doors etc while fighting monsters

doom math - you need to solve math problems in order to open doors etc while fighting monsters - maybe also find and/or collect numbers

doom ohm - you fight INSIDE an electronic curcuit, as in inside chips, resistors etc and their pathways while you must also solve math related to ohms law (U=R*I and P=U*I)

doom insults - kinda like monkey island - you fight the monsters one by one by being better an throwing insults at them than they are at throwing them at you - each time the player or the monster fails, the loser takes some damage

doom ra - like the old amiga game curse of ra - you move stone slabs until they form a certain pattern in order to open doors etc while fighting monsters

doom poetry or doom hitchhiker - your most feared weapon is your ability to quote vogon poetry and you are also armed with a robot that can make other robots shut down due to the futility of it all ... you also have a point of view gun that makes any enemy you hit friendly

doom hacker - you must write small programs inside doom in order to unlock or hack certain doors?

doom duality - each level has an etheral and a regular realm - when you die in the regular realm you are transported to the etheral realm part of the level and must complete the level in some alternate way

"Vanish the Immortals": Just needs a simple deh patch that sets the health of some or all monsters to zero. Then "your weapons will be useless against them", but they will all disappear instantly if tapped from above by a lowering door or platform. If playing in Nightmare or with -respawn, they will then reappear as normal.

I demonstrated this phenomenon in this post (applied only to the imps in the included deh patch).

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

Doom version = 19

Patch format = 6

Thing 12 (Imp)
Hit points = 0
Edited by Grazza

A button to turn the Doomguy sideways, so your width is reduced, allowing tighter point-blank dodging and squeezing through tight tunnels and gaps. It's the same idea as crouching, only horizontally.

Chess Doom- literally just Chess but with monsters replacing the pieces.

Explosive Boomer Doom- Doomguy now has an unbreakable strap of bombs on him, finish levels as fast as possible before the timer runs out and try not to get hit once.

Temple Run Doom- Remember that one mobile where you get chased by monkeys? This is basically that but now you're being chased by pinkies in Hell.

Demons VS Marines- You play as a Baron of Hell tasked with protecting the Icon of Sin's exposed brain. Take the Marines on in this PvZ-like lane defense game as they march towards you.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:32 AM, davocular said:

Doom in Percussion Only

Delete all notes on the base MIDIs other than percussion, and then make songs around it.

Wrong thread. This is a brilliant idea.

Hunted Doom: (Dehacked mod) Turn all enemies apart from Cacodemons, Lost Souls, Pain Elementals and Cyberdemon into Arch Viles but keep the hitpoints and pain chance the same as the original enemy, so a Zombieman is still 20hp.

Open-world doom. The story involves our favorite marine getting stuck in hell, only to find a gang of fellow marines, said gang is trying to claim all 4 districts of hell through hellish-gang-violence.

District 1 is owned by the Barons, a gang consisting of barons of hell and hell knights.

District 2 is owned by 666th Street Imps, which as the name suggests, mostly consists of imps; dark imps and other custom imps are also in the gang.

District 3 is owned by Bosses, a gang made up of all doom bosses, but classified.

District 4 is at first owned by some no-name demons, but you and your gang of marines take those demons out and claim all of their territory as yours. Which all happens in the first episode.

Episode 2 through 3 allow the player to take on the remaining gangs in any order they want. While episode 4 is just a playable epilogue involving the marines defeating the government of hell and completely taking hell over.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, Grazza said:

"Vanish the Immortals": Just needs a simple deh patch that sets the health of some or all monsters to zero. Then "your weapons will be useless against them", but they will all disappear instantly if tapped from above by a lowering door or platform. If playing in Nightmare or with -respawn, they will then reappear as normal.

Variant of this stupid idea: sort the monsters from the lowest hit points to the highest, then reverse it.

Thus, the former human gets the hit points of a cyberdemon. Here is it:

Spoiler

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

Doom version = 19

Patch format = 6

Thing 2 (Trooper)
Hit points = 4000

Thing 3 (Sergeant)
Hit points = 3000

Thing 24 (SS Nazi)
Hit points = 1000

Thing 12 (Imp)
Hit points = 700

Thing 11 (Chaingunner)
Hit points = 600

Thing 19 (Lost Soul)
Hit points = 500

Thing 13 (Demon)
Hit points = 500

Thing 14 (Spectre)
Hit points = 400

Thing 6 (Revenant)
Hit points = 400

Thing 15 (Cacodemon)
Hit points = 300

Thing 23 (Pain Elemental)
Hit points = 150

Thing 18 (Hell Knight)
Hit points = 150

Thing 21 (Arachnotron)
Hit points = 100

Thing 9 (Mancubus)
Hit points = 70

Thing 4 (Arch-vile)
Hit points = 60

Thing 16 (Baron of Hell)
Hit points = 50

Thing 20 (Spider Demon)
Hit points = 30

Thing 22 (Cyberdemon)
Hit points = 20

Edited by ducon

All Enemies are replaced with commander keen, and the map ends once all keens are dead.  If a map has monsters inaccessible due to a glitch or poor map design, you can't escape the map. 

The Arsenal of FreeDOOM ... inspired by the Arsenal of Freedom episode in Star Trek the next generation

2 hours ago, CBM said:

The Arsenal of FreeDOOM ... inspired by the Arsenal of Freedom episode in Star Trek the next generation

The long awaited sequel to the "high resolution textures without the high resolution" texture pack.