Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

10 minutes ago, Ichor said:

A wacky idea I had once was you were one of the barons in E1M8. It went something like this:

You're in a box that's tilted from being carried by a dolly. The box rights itself with a loud BANG as the dolly puts it down. A minute later, another box gets set down with equal care. After a few minutes of grumbling and complaining, you start up a conversation with the other baron, and after about an hour of lively discussions and a failed game of charades, the doors lower and you prepare to fight the doomguy...who has a rocket launcher.

That... Sounds like something I'd want to play.

1 minute ago, Novaseer said:

ROK but American instead of Russian.

You think that is possible? The "mother of all bombs" is just a fly compared to... ahem, you get it.

1 minute ago, Gustavo6046 said:

You think that is possible? The "mother of all bombs" is just a fly compared to... ahem, you get it.

Yeah, but people meme America as the 'gun country' all the time. It'd be fun to see how the designs differ across the mods.

Russia? Minigun that fires bomber jets.

America? LMG that fires Apaches.

A Doom mod where you play as Kamen Rider Joker. Your only options are melle with Rider Punch and Rider Kick as Limit Breaks.

We already visited Seinfeld's apartment in Seinfeld Doom but how about exploring all the living spaces of these great shows too.

• Friends
  • Family Matters
  • Home Improvement
  • Full House
  • Dick Van Dyke Show
  • Mary Tyler Moore Show
  • The Brady Bunch
  • Step by Step
  • The Nanny
  • Raising Hope
  • Hope & Faith
  • My Name is Earl
  • The Middle
  • Too Close For Comfort
  • One Day at a Time
  • Hot in Cleveland
  • Last Man Standing
  • Fresh off the Boat
  • Whose the Boss
  • Married With Children
  • Growing Pains
  • Small Wonder
  • And many, many more...

Repercussions of Evil, but it was made in 1918. Silent movie, grainy, sepia tone, cheesy piano music, that sort of thing.

OK, those ideas are crazy, that those might blow your mind.

.Project Brutality Shadow & Rise of the Wool Ball

.Project Brutality HDoom

.Project Brutality WOW.wad

.Project Brutality DayTime Drama

.Project Brutality Memoirs of Magic

.Project Brutality Aeons of Death

.Project Brutality HXRTC Project

.Project Brutality HeXeReTic Fantasy

.Project Brutality Hedon

But, there's five more, all of which below are crossovers of the BIG five build engine game, and The Wool Ball series.

.Scott Nukem 3D (SOTWB & Duke Nukem 3D)

.Rebecca is Hedge Warrior (ROTWB & Lo Wang is Shadow Warrior)

.Bloody Kitty (The Blood fps game starting the main villain of Wool Ball series "Lord Kitty" as Caleb)

.Rayman Rampage (Rayman Doom & Redneck Rampage)

.Bunker Maiden (Bunker Brawl 3D & Ion Maiden)

Edited by Apaul27 : Forgot to change that "four" to a "five"

18 hours ago, Ichor said:

Repercussions of Evil, but it was made in 1918. Silent movie, grainy, sepia tone, cheesy piano music, that sort of thing.

Reminded to me Duke Nukem 3D in 1918

600px-Duke_Nukem_boyar.jpg

While I know there's already a wad called Daytime Drama, what about one using all demons? Very loosely based on real soap operas, only calling it a slop opera. A "serious" wad?

4 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

600px-Duke_Nukem_boyar.jpg

We no speak Russian.

Translation needed.

6 hours ago, Master O said:

Translation needed.

Electronic Entertainment Factory "3D Realms" Presents: Sturdy* Duke 3-D

*There is a play on words: in Russian "ядерный" means "nuclear", and "ядреный" means "strong and sturdy", which is also true for Duke Nukem.

+ text looks like Russian at the beginning of 20th century.

23 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Next time, provide a translation. Not everyone here speaks Russian, let alone the older form.

19 hours ago, Master O said:

Translation needed.

From top to the bottom:

Electronic Entertainment Factory "3D Realms"

Presents

Duke Nukem 3D (There is a play on words there. The first word can mean "Sturdy", or even "Spicy". It is close to another word that means "Nuclear" or "Nukem")

The text is similar to the form of Russian that was used before commies. And there is a grammatical mistake there.

Anyone ever watch "House Hunters" on HGTV? How about a married demon couple wanting to buy a new home in hell? Complete with the whining that they don't like this, don't like that, or the bathroom stinks. Doomguy is the real estate agent of course. He finally gets so tired of hearing it, he blasts them with his BFG. Then Doomguy adopts the demon kids and they all live happily ever after. The end?

5 minutes ago, grouchbag said:

Anyone ever watch "House Hunters" on HGTV? How about a married demon couple wanting to buy a new home in hell? Complete with the whining that they don't like this, don't like that, or the bathroom stinks. Doomguy is the real estate agent of course. He finally gets so tired of hearing it, he blasts them with his BFG. Then Doomguy adopts the demon kids and they all live happily ever after. The end?

That will be funny. :D

Thank you, Apaul. Just for the record, I don't watch that show anymore. I like my scifi/horror movies better. Wait...what about "Flea Market Flip"? At least it would give the deons something to do... :D

On 3/31/2018 at 6:01 AM, DeXiaZ said:

600px-Duke_Nukem_boyar.jpgWouldn't russian duke 3d just be Liquidator 3d?

1 minute ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Not Brutal doom...please.

I'm talking about every single gameplay mods. Not just Brutal Doom, but also Russian Overkill, Samsara, Ouch_m and Abort_m (why i did add those mods imao), Trail Blazer, WW-Cola 3, QC: DOOM Edition, Kriegsland, Aeons of Death, Gloom Busters, Hearts of Demons, Juvenile Power Fantasy, sans., Netronian Chaos, and more. I can't list all of the Gameplay mods, sorry.

7 minutes ago, Apaul27 said:

I'm talking about every single gameplay mods. Not just Brutal Doom, but also Russian Overkill, Samsara, Ouch_m and Abort_m (why i did add those mods imao), Trail Blazer, WW-Cola 3, QC: DOOM Edition, Kriegsland, Aeons of Death, Gloom Busters, Hearts of Demons, Juvenile Power Fantasy, sans., Netronian Chaos, and more. I can't list all of the Gameplay mods, sorry.

I love Samsara. =)

So, you know how Quake 1 has overbright support? As in, brightness can go up to 200%?

So, a Quake port that uses an HDR TV to represent overbright as true HDR bloom blingbling. Hell, I'd do it myself if a decent HDR TV wasn't like, 3 months of my pay.

Moar Dakka:  A mod where you can pick up chainguns, and the more chainguns you pick up, the more your firepower is.  It's possible to pick up enough chainguns to fill up the entire border of the screen.

Dodgeball:  The demons challenge the UAC to a game of dodgeball

I've also thought about the idea of making a tactical first person shooter mod.