Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eric the Sandvich

If Doomguy came by todays Earth, how much of the US military could he take on?

5 minutes ago, Eric the Sandvich said:

Let's say Doomguy is absolutely fully PACKED, including the Unmaker and Doom 2016 weapons, how long would he last against the US Military?

Get creative.

You have a great avatar for this question.

The entire world because his special power is plot armor like batman.

The obvious problem is ammo resupply. But even then, the Doom marine from the first game isn't particularly tough - a dozen shots from the zombieman's assault rifle kills him. He has speed on his side, but even then he's only a little more than twice as fast as top sprinter Usain Bolt. I reckon that the US military would have no problem killing Usain Bolt. They haven't tried, yet, but I reckon that they could do it. The Doom marine is basically Usain Bolt with body armour and a huge backpack.

He could try hit and run insurgency tactics, attacking and then blending in with the local population. But that would only work if the local population consists of Doom cosplayers. In a city like New York he would be extremely conspicuous, unless he went for this look:

FgGR9r9.jpg?1

But even then people would notice an odd-looking 1980s throwback in their midst.

I mean, Doom marine vs A-10? The marine can't jump very high and he can't look upwards, so provided the A-10 pilot used a diving attack the Doom marine wouldn't stand a chance. In brief, with surprise on his side he would probably be able to wipe out a small US army base single-handedly, but he'd run out of ammunition and have no way of healing his wounds, so he wouldn't last long. That's still a pretty impressive performance, but he's still just a man.

With the BFG, he could probably wipe out a navy ship in a single shot. It could also disable tanks or airplanes with its tracers. Remember, vehicles aren't like Doom monsters in that they aren't always running completely 100% well until their last hit point is gone. They'll kill him eventually, and study his body for clues on his speed, all while telling the general public it was an attack wrought by an unholy alliance between ISIS and North Korea.

Upon trying out the Unmaker, Doomguy realises it doesn't work because physics. Same goes for BFG, because physics.

As a result he'll probably kill a few with the normal guns, but sheesh, the military's got tanks, missiles, helicopters.

He'll be lucky to survive even 1. It's not like going on rampage at a school...

On 16.08.2017 at 7:15 AM, Eric the Sandvich said:

Let's say Doomguy is absolutely fully PACKED, including the Unmaker and Doom 2016 weapons, how long would he last against the US Military?

Get creative.

Let's pick a bit different situation. Doomguy against russian engineer soldier with sapper shovel. Will he survive at least 10 seconds against engineer?

The Canadian held world sniper record currently stands at 3540 m ( ~ 2,2 miles). So if Doomguy went up against the Canadians, he'd post on these forums about how much hitscan hell maps suck.

He'd be busy bitching about aircrafts and drones over anything else. plz nerf fast enemies that are immune to all weapons and can kill you even behind walls! And nerf aircraft carriers, like PE were annoying enough man.

Even if Doomguy were to start his assault within a military base, that would be about equivalent to going up against 4,500 Chaingunners with better aim...assuming the MPs haven't detained him first.

Pretty sure Doomguy is on the same side as the US Army. Don't make him the enemy.

Too many hitscanner enemies in the real world, who are also not affected by his 2048 units aiming distance limit/autoaim :-)

BTW 2048 Doom units aren't much in the real world. 10 units = 1ft or 16 units= 1ft according to others, so he's effectively limited to 42-70 yds or so.

Edited by Maes

Hitscanners in real life good joke. Reminds me of the FPS Doug video where he's like "what if I get lag in real life, I heard there's no respawn points IRL, if I get shot i'm fucked"

None- somebody could just turn off the power, close the game...w/e- Doomguy isn't real guys. He. Never. WAS.

The first thing that comes to my mind when i imagine doomguy attacking modern US army, it's him getting blown up by a drone strike not soon after

Everyone and everything until he got to the glorious North Korea where he was killed single handedly when leader Kim Jong Un hit a hole in one right into his brain from 3,000 miles away while riding a nuclear bomb carried by the all gold medal Olympic team.

He would not last a second , because he would not even consider fighting against his own kind . He will probably just accept his death if he were to go against his own people.

5 hours ago, Mordeth said:

The Canadian held world sniper record currently stands at 3540 m ( ~ 2,2 miles). So if Doomguy went up against the Canadians, he'd post on these forums about how much hitscan hell maps suck.

Best post, doom_txt approved.

On 8/20/2017 at 10:36 AM, Maes said:

Too many hitscanner enemies in the real world, who are also not affected by his 2048 units aiming distance limit/autoaim :-)

BTW 2048 Doom units aren't much in the real world. 10 units = 1ft or 16 units= 1ft according to others, so he's effectively limited to 42-70 yds or so.

Even if Doomguy vs Arma 3, you could headshot him from 600m with a Marksman rifle, I am sure a scout sniper with a M107 would take him out from 1100m easily.