Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

Very bad MAP01 Remake!

Nice work. This happened years ago with an e1m1 from memory project. If I was at my own computer I'd give it a try with map01.

Yeah I do remember the E1M1 event some time back- this was more inspired by a Tweet about incorrect remakes of Doom maps in other engines~

You've got a bad memory. ...and I'm a pot head. :p

It was pretty interesting to play that. The chainsaw behind you. The first door on the left of the tech green hallway is too far ahead. It's funny how it just seems slightly off. Where's the secret door in the room with the exit door?

Glad I played this. It's very short, but it's an interesting little mind fuck.

Addendum: It does play with prBoom+ just fine.

Haha yeah so Rottkings is sooo much better...I missed so much in the texture and shape department ;P I shouldn't have an excuse

I think it would be funny to do a community project like this but its just a big stupid game of telephone where each mapper has to recreate the previous map from memory, and the current mapper is only allowed to see the previous mappers map. Having no idea how the actual original map looked.

I figure I give this a try since its been a few years since I've touch Doom 2's stock maps.

I most likely got some texture, things & geometry wrong.

Screenshot_58.thumb.png.a88abca142a1cd9cb2fcdfad23a8b88d.pngScreenshot_60.thumb.png.b82c75bc78dac1b7fa2f8db1861bc3b6.png

Philmap01mem.zip

I suppose it's my turn. I might or might've not set some secret areas. But the layout is there and, well. This is all I can muster for something quick-like.

xNLKHIt.png

g9oUKT7.png

HR-MAP01M.wad

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

COMMUNITY PROJECT

*is deftly ripped apart by giant wasps*

"or by the countless hours of listening D_RUNNIN"

That's a slow and painful death, instead of quick and... painful.

Less messy, I guess.

No less deserved, anyways.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

COMMUNITY PROJECT

I joked about this exact idea on a status a couple months ago. And then I silently planned to do one myself (if I don't go crazy making 31 different MAP01 takes) after The Becoming wrapped up for good. Ah well, if it goes anywhere I may see what I can do... ;)

Anyway, this is a good idea of..uh...recreating map01 from scratch and having a good memory for it.  

Fun to play these. It's at times trippy, when things are just slightly off. It got me thinking about a potentially interesting community project. ;)

It'd be like a game of telephone: first person makes a speedmap, second person plays it once and tries to recreate it from memory, third person does the same for the second map, and so on.

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

"or by the countless hours of listening D_RUNNIN"

I will approve the Community Project idea only if every map comes with a different recreation of D_RUNNIN from memory

If it is alright, I'd like to test out this level for myself.

EDIT:

My testing has been done, and it's not that bad, but I can't tell if it's the best map I've played. But, I can at least say that you tried.

Edited by KHJason95 : Testing done.

3 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Might as well try this for kicks. I remember there being two monsters in the start room (hitscanners if I'm not mistaken).

XD...nice try. And let me guess....imps for cybies?

Why not make a community project for a MegaWAD with all of the Doom 2 levels remade from memory?

8 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Why not make a community project for a MegaWAD with all of the Doom 2 levels remade from memory?

Honestly, that'd be pretty funny. Would defos make a map for that.