Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

Very bad MAP01 Remake!

I did a E1M1 remake but with different textures.  Maybe ill share it when I get home.  I am thinking about including it in my mega wad.

6 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Is the goal to make an accurate remake or a hilariously bad remake, like the Sanic the Hedgehog meme?

It'd be to recreate the map as accurately as you can just based on memory.

6 hours ago, YukiHerz said:

I was gonna jump in to making MAP01's from memory but then I got carried away, technically it still counts?
Download.

Tested with Chocolate Doom.

I love those bottom two shots :D Bottom right kinda reminds me of MAP02 of Alien Vendetta.

@scifista42 that looks basically identical haha, just by looking at the screenshots. textures look spot on, even got the light around the BROWNGRN half-height lights!

18 hours ago, Benjogami said:

It got me thinking about a potentially interesting community project. ;)

It'd be like a game of telephone: first person makes a speedmap, second person plays it once and tries to recreate it from memory, third person does the same for the second map, and so on.

I'd be a lot more interested in this project than in yet another project based on remaking or tributing the same old IWAD maps.

16 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Is the goal to make an accurate remake or a hilariously bad remake, like the Sanic the Hedgehog meme?

The latter would be much more interesting to see, I can tell you that.

5 hours ago, Philnemba said:

Congratulations, you discovered the super secret level.

You better keep runnin' this one.

Whew, that took less time then I thought it would, I got bored and did a remake from scratch instead of memory:

vxPVM3V.png

Meh, close enough.

Tested with Chocolate, Eternity, and GZdoom; because why not?

Download

I decided to give this a try. A PCORF-style entryway. Tried my very hardest to make it as close to the original as I could.

DOWNLOAD

m01pc1.png

m01pc3.png

Edited by pcorf

Added 3 more maps.

Note that I haven't touch the Dehacked file because I'm too lazy to mess with it :P

List of mappers:

Spoiler

Map01 - Fuzzball
Map02 - RottKing
Map03 - InsanityBringer
Map04 - Philnemba
Map05 - Hellser
Map06 - Breezeep
Map08 - YukiHerz
Map09 - Urthar
Map10 - PaquoCastor
Map11 - pcorf
Map12 - 94's the best style
Map13 - Nebula-Kristian

KEEP_RUNV3.zip

@Urthar Great compilation, the map names and text screens are icing on the cake.

@Egg Boy Heh, some e1m1, eh? Also nice hellish entryway.

Well I noticed some errors in my map, some missing textures and a zero-length linedef, and I wanted void columns but was using an outdated editor so I made a revision which you can get here.

Hmm, if my calculations are accurate we only need one more map for a megawad, fantastic.

Dead Simple should be map01 but the hallway is blocked off and you have to go into that room with the lifts, but it's dead simple. (That's kind of what I tried with my remake, except for the blocked off part)

3 hours ago, Urthar said:

You should put a secret exit in that last one Egg. ;)

In the meantime: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d36oroyslqmczye/KEEP_RUNNING.zip

Thanks for the compilation! I can't wait to play a full megawad of Entryway. As for the secret exit thing. I will definitely consider it. I think I might make the map look a bit better towards the end. I tried to remain as accurate as I could with it's design tho.

18 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

A secret exit leading to a recreation of this map from memory?

I don't think it has to be anything in particular, anything outlandish would do. I'd be inclined to move Egg's 2nd map to the secret slot, if more maps get posted.

16 hours ago, PaquoCastor said:

Well I noticed some errors in my map, some missing textures and a zero-length linedef, and I wanted void columns but was using an outdated editor so I made a revision which you can get here.

Updated.

16 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Dead Simple should be map01 but the hallway is blocked off and you have to go into that room with the lifts, but it's dead simple. (That's kind of what I tried with my remake, except for the blocked off part)

Originally I just compiled the maps for my own convenience. So I downloaded everything and assembled them in the order they had been posted. It was only when I tried to open Scifista's 'map' that I realised I'd been had. (I actually half believed Scifista might have perfect recall.) But since would have been MAP07 I realised I could leave it blank and dehack the intermission text to reference the joke.

I did later edit together a joke fusion of Dead Simple and Entryway, that began in the Dead Simple start room but then opened up to reveal you were really in the chainsaw secret of Entryway, and then you went around the corner to be confronted by rdwpa's hit scanners. But I thought better of it once I remembered that direct alternation of the original id maps would mean an instant rejection from the idgames archive, if that ever became a possibility.

At the end of the day anyone can compile these maps in any order they want. I have no more 'ownership' than anyone else who posted a map in this thread.