Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UglyStru

Quake Champions Will Be Available on Steam August 22!

izz0qu.png

So I probably won't be playing it since I'm terrible at Quake and spend my little amount of free time playing cancerous video games instead! So who's excited?! 

2 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I like id, but I still fear the sentence "Early access".

This probably means you have absolutely no faith or trust in id whatsoever.

Might also be a sign of having absolutely no faith or trust in any game company ever whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Arctangent said:

This probably means you have absolutely no faith or trust in id whatsoever.

Might also be a sign of having absolutely no faith or trust in any game company ever whatsoever.

I just don't think it's a good idea to pay for an unfinished product that's probably plagued with bugs, that's all. Of course I trust id to fully develop the game given enough time, if that's what you thought I was talking about.

That sentence probably could've been worded better.

Except you don't need to pay for anything, which makes your complaint invalid from the start. QC is free to play with a one time payment option to unlock everything at all times. (So it's basically both a free game and a paid game.)

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

I just don't think it's a good idea to pay for an unfinished product

Considering the type of game Quake Champions seems like it'll be, I doubt it'll be finished until like five years from now if it has a decent run.

I mean, if it has a really good run then it'd be incomplete for at least 14 years and likely more, as DOTA shows.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Except you don't need to pay for anything, which makes your complaint invalid from the start. QC is free to play with a one time payment option to unlock everything at all times. (So it's basically both a free game and a paid game.)

Except you will have to pay to play it in early access by buying a supporter pack, until it goes F2P at a later date.

45 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

Considering the type of game Quake Champions seems like it'll be, I doubt it'll be finished until like five years from now if it has a decent run.

I mean, if it has a really good run then it'd be incomplete for at least 14 years and likely more, as DOTA shows.

I don't know if it's really fair to call that type of thing "incomplete" as opposed to "still getting content updates"

I mean, as soon as a content update ships, the version before the new one is an incomplete one as it lacks all the content of the final game, so those types of games are perpetually incomplete relative to their final final version.

3 hours ago, Alter said:

Except you will have to pay to play it in early access by buying a supporter pack, until it goes F2P at a later date.

Could have sworn it was already going to be from the start, but the thing is that's not his problem. He doesn't "trust developers who supply paid content early", to wit at this point you are basically getting a pre-order in which you actually still get a physical game out of it, which is more than you can say of most pre-orders. The trick her being that this also means people will upload footage of this game in early access, that he will be able to see and judge.

With this in mind, his problem makes no sense.

Edited by Edward850

13 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Well, I didn't know that! I guess there's no problem then.

Yes, I was misinformed. I'm sorry.

On 18/08/2017 at 11:29 AM, Edward850 said:

If you want to play it on steam on august 22 you have to pay. theres no F2P option through steam, but you can play it for free through the bethesda launcher.