Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chewyninja69

Final Doom: TNT Evilution question...

Currently speed running Final Doom:TNT Evilution on Doom Classic Complete for the PS3. On map 5, Hangar, near the start of the level is a gold key that you can grab through the wall. On PC that is. Been trying to do it for a good 45 minutes now to no avail. Is it possible to grab that key on consoles? Never had a problem with any other key grabs through walls.

Disclaimer: I'm speaking about the PC version, as that's the only one I have. The key is whole 20 map units far away, so while it should be possible to grab, it's one of the harder / less likely to succeed grabs. The grab would probably become impossible if the key was just slightly moved or if its radius was just slightly lowered, but I have no idea if that's the case in the PS3 version.

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

Disclaimer: I'm speaking about the PC version, as that's the only one I have. The key is whole 20 map units far away, so while it should be possible to grab, it's one of the harder / less likely to succeed grabs. The grab would probably become impossible if the key was just slightly moved or if its radius was just slightly lowered, but I have no idea if that's the case in the PS3 version.

Wow, it's only 20 units away? I/anyone should be able to get it. I wonder if it being ported from PC has any effect on it. I may not be going "fast" enough to push into it. On PC you can run faster than on console. Oh well, thanks for the response.

2 minutes ago, Chewyninja69 said:

Wow, it's only 20 units away?

20 units between the edge of the key's hitbox and the edge of the player's hitbox at their closest position, not the centers of their hitboxes, that is. The furthest possible grabs are allegedly 23 units far.