Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Myth/Fantasy Creatures you would kill in Doom

Maybe a type of former human which has been affected so much that it has forgotten how to use firearms, and instead charges towards the players and uses melee attacks, or spits blood. Think the Gonome from Half-Life Opposing Force, but demonic.

10 hours ago, TootsyBowl said:

Maybe a type of former human which has been affected so much that it has forgotten how to use firearms, and instead charges towards the players and uses melee attacks, or spits blood. Think the Gonome from Half-Life Opposing Force, but demonic.

Like the Hell Knight in Doom 4??

Sweet art :)

I'm gonna do a big monster for Doom, using sprites doing in GIMP (or even Blender with the right materials) using my new abilities (i'm learning to do a progressive resizing-based pixel art style). Give me good monster ideas; I can use multiple actors for big ones.

Edited by Gustavo6046

Even if nothing really resembles it, I feel Doom takes a fair amount of ideas from Warhammer 40k, so pretty much anything that dwells within the warp would fit well.

Also Tyranids are blatant Giger inspirations, like some of the more hellish parts of Doom.

17 hours ago, Octavarium said:

This is the Painkiller!!!

You just made my day!

If we are talking about Judas Priest monsters, I also think Nightcrawler would fit Doom. (Straight out of hell, one of a kind)

Funny you should mention Judas Priest because I had an idea for a fighting game with all the creatures they made songs about a while ago

47 minutes ago, 40oz said:

*pics*

I wish I could like this multiple times <3

Those robotic things from Virus would be pretty cool to see.  Other things I'd love to fight:

Canoptek Spyder:

Canoptek_Spyder_with_Particle_Beamer.jpg

Chaos Spawn:

Chaos_Spawn3.jpg

Shoggoths:

shoggoth_by_eclectixx-d4rr7r9.jpg

This harpy thing, or any harpy really:

__harpies___by_jsmarantz.jpg

That would be sweet and there is more than enough content for game enemies.

So we have Painkiller, Nightcrawler, Sentinel, Jawbreaker, Angel of Retribution and the list goes on.

2 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Canoptek Spyder:

YEY, NECRONS!!!

I would want to see these creatures in the OP in Heretic/Hexen rather than Doom.

A nice turn from cacodemons might be a Beholder. I'd like to see some neato fantasy stuff like those. Or a Kuo-Toa, those freaky frog things. Displacer beasts, umber hulks, yuan-ti, and liches might do good. Maybe include owlbears and bulettes.

On 18.8.2017 at 5:13 PM, Ichor said:

The esquilax: a horse with the head of a rabbit and the body of a rabbit.

The horse part is bigger than the whole rabbit though.

Edited by Pirx

On 19.8.2017 at 8:37 PM, 40oz said:

PttxgZ0.jpg

gxaFWfu.jpg

GHpJx82.jpg

Amazing. Where are those from?  Excellent ideas for some bosses. I'd imagine something really ugly, like depictions of Lovecrafts elder gods.

3 hours ago, Pirx said:

Amazing. Where are those from?  

i was afraid someone would ask that. I probably should have noted the original authors of the art work before I pasted sprites all over it for fun. I'm afraid I dont know who they are or where to find their stuff

I just bing image searched cthulhu and clicked on related searches of names of different lovecraftian evil entities that Cane up. I snagged some cool ones and goofed around. The artists who made the original stuff are brilliant.

I know the three headed dog one is Cerberus, I forget the names of the other two.

9 hours ago, AdirBlaz said:

A nice turn from cacodemons might be a Beholder. I'd like to see some neato fantasy stuff like those. Or a Kuo-Toa, those freaky frog things. Displacer beasts, umber hulks, yuan-ti, and liches might do good. Maybe include owlbears and bulettes.

Also, Drow. 

8 hours ago, 40oz said:

i was afraid someone would ask that. I probably should have noted the original authors of the art work before I pasted sprites all over it for fun. I'm afraid I dont know who they are or where to find their stuff

I just bing image searched cthulhu and clicked on related searches of names of different lovecraftian evil entities that Cane up. I snagged some cool ones and goofed around. The artists who made the original stuff are brilliant.

I know the three headed dog one is Cerberus, I forget the names of the other two.

You goofed around well though.  Those are some epic fights. Especially vs azathoth. I wish someone with more talent made boss enemies out of them. Found these here :

http://wall.artstation.com/projects/LaOAR

Edited by Pirx