Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Psyrus

MIDI Originals [09/06/2023]

3 hours ago, Mr. Trotl said:

Nice job the cosmos remix is great, love it.

Thanks.  It seems to be a favorite to most.  By the way, I called it a "remix" because it's based on the original I made back in 2003 which I no longer have.  I took the original GM MIDI and doctored it up for XG playback.

These are really cool. Titan's Rain is very sneaky and would set the mood perfectly in an atmospheric map. Multiverse sounds like a perfect tune for a deathmatch map. Good stuff!

On 8/29/2017 at 3:52 AM, Neo Te-Aika said:

May I ask which Yamaha softsynth they were recorded from?

Yamaha S-YXG50.  Dizzy-Jig is the exception which was played through the Yamaha MU100 module with the help of somebody else.  The two use virtually the same samples though.

10 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Multiverse sounds like a perfect tune for a deathmatch map.

Interesting.  I haven't been involved in the deathmatch community, but I would guess that most MIDI choices for DM maps would be relatively fast paced.

Haha, they are actually really great, you should keep the work! Multiverse is quite fun, I really like the Synth effect, would love to hear it in a Wad. Titan Rain makes feel quite nostalgic, I enjoy it. 

''Feel pain one last time.'' 

I just added "Nucleus" and "Astray" to the GM zip.  Eventually I will know how to link the folder properly so people will be able to access individual files instead of having to re-download the zip every time.

Edited by Psyrus

A few updates:

Removed GM zip and created/linked MP3 directory containing GM originals (link at main post).

Added "Relic" to MP3 directory.

Updated and cleaned up main post a bit to accommodate changes.

"Crystalline", "Cybernetic", and "Plexus" added to MP3.  Have at it.  Also thinking about Soundcloud in the possible future...?

Also, bump.

hey these are pretty cool! any chance of uploading the source midi files as well? (e.g. to put it in a doom map or something)

"Luminous", "Pyre", and "Red Sand" added.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, Ribbiks said:

hey these are pretty cool! any chance of uploading the source midi files as well? (e.g. to put it in a doom map or something)

I'm still thinking about it, though the Microsoft synth itself might not like a couple of them too well with the use of some instruments that are absent.

Really cool midis !

I love Umbra , Plexus and Luminous. :)

Really great sci-fi/cyberpunk feel to these. "Luminous" and the two "Relic" tracks would make great Descent tracks, and "Cybernetic" sounds straight out of Deus Ex. Love the rhodes piano (i think that's the instrument) bit in Titan's Rain. Fantastic work dude.

Incredible MIDIs. I have listened to them with YAMAHA S-YXG50 WDM SoftSynth (yep, on Win XP). Cybernetic and Titan's Rain are my favorites.

5 hours ago, Loud Silence said:

Incredible MIDIs. I have listened to them with YAMAHA S-YXG50 WDM SoftSynth (yep, on Win XP). Cybernetic and Titan's Rain are my favorites.

Huh, I wonder how those sound through that.  I could risk trying to start up my 15-year old laptop with the synth installed to find out hoping for no blue screen.

15 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Huh, I wonder how those sound through that.  I could risk trying to start up my 15-year old laptop with the synth installed to find out hoping for no blue screen.

Here you go https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n0Bdz-GdqaQPvNq7ZbZI9feMNjSIP7ll

S-YXG50 came with 2MB Wavetable when i installed it, but i downloaded 4MB version and replaced .tbl files in WINDOWS\system32 folder.

I use around 15 year old laptop too and have no problems. Blue screen means that some driver is bad or some device/hardware is not connected properly.

Special additions this time.  I managed to power up and get my old laptop running long enough to make two recordings of incomplete and now-abandoned works I haven't heard in nearly ten years.  And I get flooded with old memories in the process.

That said, "Azure" and "Drifter" have been added the MP3 directory in my Dropbox.  (Reminder: they are incomplete)

Just be sure credit people when you use their resources in text file and they won't complain ;)

Or in the thread under spoilers. 

23 minutes ago, Misty said:

Just be sure credit people when you use their resources in text file and they won't complain ;)

Or in the thread under spoilers. 

Of course, and I think I said so myself as well. 

Man some really awesome tunes here.

Also thinking about Soundcloud in the possible future...?

@Psyrus Yes pop these on soundcloud or bandcamp!

6 hours ago, SamuelNMEvander said:

Can I use these in my projects if I credited you? I really like the Astray.mid

Go right ahead.  Although it was not my intention to make these with Doom projects in mind (if that's the case).  Then again I did make them loopable, so I suppose it works.

1 hour ago, dial-up said:

Man some really awesome tunes here.

@Psyrus Yes pop these on soundcloud or bandcamp!

I put a lot of effort in these, so I appreciate that.  Trying to get these to sound decent on both this SC-55 soundfont I'm using and the Microsoft synth can be a real pain not to mention the lack of support for subpatch instruments.  As for Soundcloud, Bandcamp, etc., the idea is still in the air.  One thing preventing me from doing so is rather silly:  Making or finding fitting images (covers) for each piece and not get copyright-flagged for it.

56 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Making or finding fitting images (covers) for each piece and not get copyright-flagged for it.

For what it's worth I've made loads of album art uploads to bandcamp and soundcloud - they've never monitored my images or scanned for copyright. Just use a sweet meme and get it out there!