Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Block items.

Is there a way to do that, UDMF has some linedef flags for blocking hitscans, projectiles, enemies and players ... etc individually, but nothing for items, I setup a scrolling floor and want only players and enemies to be carried but not items, Is there a way to do that ?

The linedef flag for blocking monsters in fact blocks everything other than players and projectiles.

Too bad, the section i'm working on requires not having monster blocking linedefs because they are carried and teleported back to the arena, seeing them get stuck near the item would look odd.

Try making the teleports activated by "monster-presses-use", that should allow active/non-idle monsters to activate them, but not items, as they don't have an AI that would press use.

I mean use those teleports in combination with monster blocking lines, so that items get blocked, active monsters teleport away.

However that would introduce another issue, I have the telport behind the item, If I want the item to not be carried I will have to block monsters, this means monsters will get teleported even before getting carried behind the item.

OK, what about this: Make alternate versions of the items in DECORATE, so they would look and behave like the original items, except for not being affected by gravity (use NOGRAVITY flag), and in the map, set their Z height so they'd be floating 1 unit above the scrolling floor, therefore not being affected by it while seemingly standing on it.

I think @scifista42's solution is probably best, but another option is a very small invisible 3D floor sitting 1px above the scrolling floor. the 3D floor could be as small as 1px by 1px, maybe smaller.