Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Doom Builder 2 "key number" strings

Question

In Doom Builder 2, working with the Door Locked Raise linedef, I've noticed that the "key number" list is for default Doom, even though I'm mapping with ZDoom (Heretic in Hexen) format. In other words, the first three keys are red card, yellow card, and blue card, and then a long list of unused key slots after that, whereas the actual keys I'm creating locks for are the Heretic blue/green/yellow keys. I'm looking to add more keys to LOCKDEFS, so this is going to get even more confusing, as I have to memorize which Doom key corresponds to whichever actual key I want to use instead of just being able to see what I want in the list and select it.

Is there a way to edit these strings so that Doom Builder shows me a list of the correct keys?

2 answers to this question

Doombuilder 2 was structured by Codeimp for the DOOM games, without any specific support for HERETIC or HEXEN.

19 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

Is there a way to edit these strings so that Doom Builder shows me a list of the correct keys?

Yes, it can be done by rewriting the configuration files.

However, MaxED did rewrite all configuration files during his tenure of improving GZDoom Builder.

So, to map for HERETIC or HEXEN, use either GZDoom Builder or GZDoom Builder-Bugfix.

Edited by Kappes Buur

22 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

Doombuilder 2 was structured by Codeimp for the DOOM games, without any specific support for HERETIC or HEXEN.

Yes, it can be done by rewriting the configuration files.

However, MaxED did rewrite all configuration files during his tenure of improving GZDoom Builder.

So, to map for HERETIC or HEXEN, use either GZDoom Builder or GZDoom Builder-Bugfix.

Thanks, looks like I found the correct spot in the config file -- it wasn't too hard.

If anyone happens to be looking for the answer in the future and finds this thread, it's Doom Builder -> Configurations folder -> Includes folder -> ZDoom_misc -> list of strings under the "keys" header