Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Wintex

Does anybody know where I can get a version of Wintex that is earlier than 4.1? Because the newer versions of Wintex scramble the Memento Mori music and version 4.1 or lower does not scramble the music...

Nope. That's the only one I can think of. However, I think XWE might also be able to extract midis without butchering them. Wintex has foiled every attempt to get a perfect version of E1M8, but XWE extracted it with no problem at all.

Ok, let's try this...

You wanted Memento Mori 2 music, right? Well, I just extracted them all and put them into a zip file. They are all in .mus format, which means you can load them into any wadfile without having midi2mus wreck the files.

Ichor said:

Ok, let's try this...

You wanted Memento Mori 2 music, right?

No, I am trying to get all the original Memento Mori music, but the Title Music and the Story Screen Music always scrambles, I have all the Memento Mori 2 music and it's all fine!

Ok, I got that music here. I haven't tested the music, but I think it will work. These are in .mus format as well.

Strange... It seems fine to me. Are you playing it in a source port? When running it in doom2.exe, I didn't hear any difference at all.

None of them are scrambled, alot of them wont play and come up with the message "Unable to load MIDI" and others take up to six or seven seconds before they start playing... There was only a couple that played perfectly though...

Why does Wintex scramble some MM2 music levels like map01 when extracted to MIDI?

The reason why wintex screws up some midis (noticeably about 95% of those made by Mark Klem) is probably because it either doesn't support certain midi effects, or it doesn't work properly with midis created in certain programs.

Anyway, you can grab all the Memento Mori 1 & 2 music from the following two sites, along with midis from Requiem, STRAIN, Gothic DM 1 & 2, various Team TNT wads, All Hell is Breaking Loose, Wacky Wheels and a few others.

David Shawn aka Tolwyn

Mark Klem

BTW, if you load Mark Klem's midis (from his site) in certain programs (e.g. Midisoft Studio), you'll notice that they become messed up in exactly the same that wintex messes them up.

Actually, some of Mark Klem's music is still missing for Memento Mori 1...

Map 8
Map 13
Map 14
Intermission Music
Endgame Music

And the title music which belongs to Tolwyn isn't at his site either...

If you want to use these in your own wad, it should be okay if you just copy them from mm.wad into your own wad (Edit->Copy entries, Edit->Paste entries).

If you're going to use Mark Klem's music, don't forget to email him for permission, unless he has given permission for these to be used in any DOOM project... and I doubt this.