Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
korotama

Megawads with huge maps?

Hi everyone, what are some megawads that come with huge maps like those in Hell on Earth Starter Pack? 

Not a megawad but you should try Counter-Attack by Mechadon.

48 minutes ago, Roofi said:

Not a megawad but you should try Counter-Attack by Mechadon.

I'd second this.  Very detailed, definitely making the most of the regular Doom 2 textures and creating real, believable spaces.

Velapax , by mechadon, the guy is known for producing huge maps. Please don't play eternal (bore)doom it's horrible, and eviltech can be repetitive with all the tech base maps but it's still enjoyable.

Edited by Ancalagon

Urania has consistently large and lengthy maps despite being vanilla format. I'll also second Hellbound as having huge, highly detailed maps.

Back to Saturn X (at least episode 1, which I'm playing) levels are quite big too.

1 minute ago, Bauul said:

Deus Vult Map05 is worth a shot.

And by extension, Deus Vult II Map29 ;)

As DV map 5 and DV2 map 29 are essentially the same map, the choice becomes which music you prefer for a multi-hour playthrough and would you prefer the normal chainsaw or Sauron's Gauntlets for melee?  (though I suppose loading custom music and IDMUS exist...)

For really huge maps, how about Eternal Doom 4, Return From Oblivion?  Some would not call it a megawad due to only 7 maps.  The 3 map hub has merely big maps, it's the last 4 which are enormous monstrosities that are like several maps worth of space packed into one.

Community Chest 3 is an awesome megawad with the most extraordinary [huge] level I've ever played. 

That beast is called Black Rain.

Try it and you won't be disappointed.

Cheers.

On 8/24/2017 at 3:12 AM, Crusader No Regret said:

Eternal Doom 4, Return From Oblivion?

Ditto on that one, some of those maps took me over 2 hours to complete.

You can also try:

Deus Vult

Deus Vult 2

The Ultimate Torment & Torture

Austerity - A Simplicity Tribute

MAP29: For We Are Many

Decade

OGRE Labs

Good luck trying to get through any of these maps because some of them are freakin' huge. Some of them have hundreds to even upwards to a thousand plus enemies. Don't say I did not warn you.

Edit: These are not mega wads sorry but they have huge levels anyways.

Edited by Halfblind

There are some huge maps in all of the Community Chest map sets.  However not all the maps are huge in each megawad.  In addition to those posted above.

Just leavin' an update of huge/great maps here, after consulting my old list...

Aggilus
Beyond
Bloody Garden
Cakravartins Miscalculation
Diabolus Ex Machina
Dolor
Doom District
Harvesters Reminiscence
Maeror
Megido
Mystery of Hell
Flogiston
Plaza San Martin
Redrun
Sewer City
Speedtraps for Bee King
Starport
Superweapon Facility
The Black Citadel
The Seventh Circle
Theory of Broken Circle
Undertaker
Unstable Journey
Warp of Time
Blackrain
Disarm the Mechanism
Glominarchs Realm
March of the Viles

Since 1993 until today (and counting...), I think i've played fairly more than 3000 levels (most of them coming in awesome megawads, which i absolutely love).

That being said, i've just remember a few names, so this list could/should be long... 

3 hours ago, alllright said:

Since 1993 until today (and counting...), I think i've played fairly more than 3000 levels (most of them coming in awesome megawads, which i absolutely love).

That being said, i've just remember a few names, so this list could/should be long... 

Thank you for this list.  Some of these I am not familiar with and I love huge maps.