Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Your perfect FPS

What would your perfect fps look like?
Mine would be a mix beween Blood and Heretic with some Castlevania  sprinkled in.

13 minutes ago, Tracer said:

Rhymes with boom.

"ZooM"?

"GlooM"?

"RooM"?

"'ShrooM"?

"VavooM"?

:wink:

7 minutes ago, ReX said:

"ZooM"?

"GlooM"?

"RooM"?

"'ShrooM"?

"VavooM"?

:wink:

You monster.

5 minutes ago, CzechMate29200 said:

I would really like this game where you run really fucking fast and nonstop kill things...maybe, demons...

Almost as if it were Hell...but on Earth.

Just now, Tracer said:

Almost as if it were Hell...but on Earth.

And then you go to Hell!! To fight a really shitty boss battle from maybe....I dunno....a spider?

A hyper intelligent spider...maybe a cybernetic quasi-arachnid with metallic legs and a big gun...a Mastermind behind the invasion, if you will.  Then he sees you and is all, "Bitch, you can't handle Dis."

But then you do handle dat.

Newest 2018 Black ops game + Uncharted 5 2018 

---------------------------------------------------------------- = Perfect FPS ON PC

PC

To summarize this for people who dont understand . (Best games + awesome game ) divided by pc = perfect FPS

4 minutes ago, CzechMate29200 said:

And then, add on another episode that is really fucking awesome, but makes no sense, and quotes the bible.

I always thought it was cool how The Flesh Consumed took Bible verses for the map titles.  

I am going to take this one seriously instead of just going: "Its Doom" just to look like I don't give a fuck and to appear cool for it.

Perfect FPS would include all possible action "dimensions" into play. Performing stunts, acrobatic moves, or even "brutal/glory" kills/moves as well. FPS may be all about shooting, but even Doom feels tiring time to time.

If they could take all those fancy-pantsy third person sandboxes from all those fancy gaming consoles (stuff like GTA, Just Cause, Uncharted and crap), combine them, set them in the first perspective with a dynamic camera to follow (as to actually see like you are looking with your own eyes), and port it over to the PC, they would have a perfect combo of action and FPS needed for a super enjoyable game.

But no, the market ALWAYS needs ANOTHER open world exploring sandbox 3rd person shooter set in a exotic location with pirates and tyrants, because originality is overrated.

I say, combine Doom 2016's shooting and slaughter, with Mirror's Edge parkour/movement, add some Elder Scrolls magick to the fray, along with special abilities from MMORPGs (which no one cannot apparently dodge), add difficulty options with some emphasizing atmosphere and story, and some emphasizing scaringly accurate realism seen from ArmA. I think I could play that without a single drop of un-interest, and considering my taste, that is quite hard to achieve, purely because I don't care about skill or competition.

Just throw in an SSG and I'm good

If Doom doesn't count as the perfect FPS (I mean it is my favourite game, so it is the perfect FPS for me), then a combination between Doom and Hexen would be also ideal.

Doom has great atmosphere, good level design, exploration and excellent combat.

Hexen has a different kind of atmosphere (a grim world with a grim story), dark level design, extreme exploration and the ultimate puzzles for an FPS (it lacks a bit in combat, compared to Doom though).

So, the perfect mix in my opinion, would be Doom, with some more exploration and puzzles here and there (not that many however, because then it would be Hellish Hexen).

22 minutes ago, Era Di Cate said:

I am going to take this one seriously instead of just going: "Its Doom" just to look like I don't give a fuck and to appear cool for it.

I wish I could be this cool!

Put DOOM 2016's gunplay into Mirror's Edge; or at least something with that level of character dexterity. Except make it look like a synthwave YouTube video, and have it sound like an illegal warehouse rave in early '90s UK. Boom, done.

4 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Quake.  Just Quake.

Indeed. I tremble at the prospect.

Heh.

21 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

Put DOOM 2016's gunplay into Mirror's Edge; or at least something with that level of character dexterity. Except make it look like a synthwave YouTube video, and have it sound like an illegal warehouse rave in early '90s UK. Boom, done.

Mirrors Edge.  Fuck yeah.

A game that would feel like Doom while playing it and be as easily moddable as Doom is. The only thing that prevents me from seeing Doom itself as 100% perfect are the quirks of its engine. Even advanced Doom ports, while not bad at all, keep many of the original engine's quirks that I'd prefer to work differently in principle.

1 minute ago, scifista42 said:

Even advanced Doom ports, while not bad at all, keep many of the original engine's quirks that I'd prefer to work differently in principle.

Like what?

Like, square thing hitboxes, problems with fast movement, limited ways how map geometry can move, limited interactivity between various types of whatever in the game (both within a map and globally), limited general scripting possibilities if any, limited player-side customization, limited ways to affect how basic processes (rendering, collision detection, scheduling concurrent scripts and functions, memory management) are being performed and therefore relying on their specific implementation's traits and limits (BSP, blockmap, 35 tics per second).

The setup is classic Die Hard. You play the tired cop, visiting your significant other at work. You’re in the bathroom when terrorists take over the lavish office tower. Your job is to either kill all the terrorists, rescue all the hostages, or succeed in calling backup.

Except here’s the thing: the office tower’s layout is completely randomized. It’s guaranteed that at least one floor will contain the hostages, and at least one floor will have the vault (and be where the terrorists are the most concentrated), but which floors these are will be determined at the start of the game. The only thing that remains static between plays is that you always start in the bathroom, with your police-issue handgun, one extra magazine, and no shoes.

So, from a first-person perspective, you get to try your damnedest to outwit an entire faction of terrorists (the size and location of which varies) by either killing all of ‘em or managing to sneak the hostages upstairs to the helipad and signal for help. Well, you could signal for help at any time, but this would secretly make the game much, much harder, as it alerts every terrorist still in the building, and summons a SWAT team that’s just as willing to kill you as they are the bad guys.

In keeping with “rogue-lite” gameplay, death is more or less permanent. There are no permanent stat boosts, but I suppose meeting certain conditions would let you choose alternate starting scenarios, like being inserted on the helipad instead, carrying a different pistol (a revolver instead of an automatic), or starting in the limo in the parking garage after all the security gates have locked. But basically, the whole point of this is that this is the kind of FPS game where the average play session will be over in 15-30 minutes, win or lose.

In keeping with that, the FPS action would be fast. Not Doom fast, where our John McClane stand-in is gliding around corners and wind-sprinting through hordes of baddies. Movement speed would be limited by what kind of shoes you’ve got, after all. But the actual action and gunfighting would be sort of like a more forgiving take on Hotline Miami, where guns are POWERFUL on both ends of the equation. Bad guys go down just as easily as you do, but maybe the terrorists are a bit harebrained and aren’t particularly great shots at first, so you’ve got a bit of time to line up shots without getting pasted to the wall yourself. So sprinting is for special occasions only, and cover is encouraged, because almost any gun is enough to kill in just a couple shots, ensuring that gun fights end about as quickly as they start.

Most importantly though: the game must make no delusions whatsoever about being Hollywood-inspired. No slow-mo, no stunt dives (maybe sprint-sliding to get under half-closed security gates though). The player would need to think carefully about how to engage the enemy, if at all (because of course, sometimes it’s better NOT to go in guns-blazing).

I get frustrated sometimes because there somehow isn’t a game like this yet. The closest I’ve ever come was the Terrorist Hunt missions in Rainbow Six Vegas, but those are hideously unfair if you’re playing solo, and the lack of randomization ensures that you will essentially die the same way every time because of how awful the starting locations are. Soldier of Fortune is a lot more fair, and the guns are about as powerful as I’d like, but you can only really play that game once or twice, for how scripted it gets - a complaint that I feel is even worse when applied to modern Call of Duty titles. With this concept, I imagine the need for a pseudo-realistic FPS would be scratched, as well as the need for something with a lot of replay value. Hell, I loved Receiver, but if only it had actual enemies, and a bit more variety in the randomized areas…

I am confused as to why your guy would be shoeless in the restroom at the start.  It seems like that would be the last place one would not be wearing shoes.  But the rest sounds great.

16 minutes ago, Tracer said:

I am confused as to why your guy would be shoeless in the restroom at the start.

To make fists with his toes. Jeez, you clueless millenials...

1 minute ago, dew said:

To make fists with his toes. Jeez, you clueless millenials...

I hope his name is Bongo and that he wears a tuxedo.