Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Favourite Megawad

Which megawad do you like the best out of these?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which megawad do you like the best out of these?

• Memento Mori
    • Memento Mori II
    • Icarus : Alien Vanguard
    • Eternal Doom
    • Other

Hello and welcome to my latest poll!

I have only played these four megawads and don't know of any others so my favourite megawad is Memento Mori I! I like this even more than Doom II, don't know why, I just find it more enjoyable...

bigbadgangsta said:

/me adds "Other" option

I like them all.

/me votes other and...

WHAT THE FUCK? SUPER MOD?

/me does the honorable thing and commits hari-kari before his soul becomes tainted

Besides missing Requiem, this poll also missed Alien Vendetta, which I haven't finished but which has been frigging incredible so far. I think AV might be the best Doom 2 megawad ever, and it's doom2.exe compatible which is even more amazing.

Linguica said:

Besides missing Requiem, this poll also missed Alien Vendetta, which I haven't finished but which has been frigging incredible so far. I think AV might be the best Doom 2 megawad ever, and it's doom2.exe compatible which is even more amazing.

Wheee...I'm not the only one. I think I got to map 11 before I had to give up. Great wad.

I was not too impressed by requiem... Memento Mori, though. I haven't finished that but I think it's great. Also, where is the Stone Stratagems button?????

Doom: 2002ado (I just finished this and nearly creamed me panties, it takes skill to capture the essence of all 4 episodes)

Doom2: Alien Vendetta (feat. Mishri Halek: the daddy), closely followed by Memento Mori.

m0l0t0v said:

There must be a lot more! Anyone know any fairly unknown megawads? maybe personal ones?

I can suggest the following:
Fragport (FRAGPORT.WAD) by Stephen Clark (Ultimate DooMer)
Demonfear (DMONFEAR.WAD) by Adam Windsor
World of Deth (WORLD.WAD) by Morten Stromsvold
All not too well known, all worth playing, and all one-man efforts.

My favourite megawad is Hell Revealed (of course!), with Alien Vendetta a close-ish second. I love 2002 ADO too. The four that are listed in the poll are all great though.

pritch said:

2002ado (I just finished this and nearly creamed me panties....

Yeah, I thought Stephanie was hot too. One thing though: after I'd pulped Tommy Trooper with the BFG and realized Stephanie was in the same room, I expected a message to pop up "You have killed Stephanie - Mission Failed".

Grazza said:

Yeah, I thought Stephanie was hot too. One thing though: after I'd pulped Tommy Trooper with the BFG and realized Stephanie was in the same room, I expected a message to pop up "You have killed Stephanie - Mission Failed".

except she's a texture, not a sprite :P

Well I liked how it guessed I'd use the BFG on Tommy Trooper (I normally would switch down to chaingun). The only thing that let 2002ado slightly down was the appalling spelling and grammar on the title screen and credits, something I'd offer to help with btw. I already changed my copy of the .deh :P

pritch said:

except she's a texture, not a sprite :P

You mean I went through all that just to get a picture of her?! Still, I'm sure they could have set it up so that any damage to "Stephanie" triggered (e.g.) an instant-death squisher to lower.

pritch said:

The only thing that let 2002ado slightly down was the appalling spelling and grammar on the title screen and credits, something I'd offer to help with btw. I already changed my copy of the .deh :P

Yes, that was a shame. In another thread, Myk mentioned that he had sent Paul Corfiatis a corrected .deh, so hopefully all will be well in the final release.

Momento Mori II, Requiem, and Darkening E2 so far.

Lost Soul said:

...Also, where is the Stone Stratagems button?????

Are you kidding me?

Memento Mori 2 (of course)
The first two thirds of Alien Vendetta. Why not the last third? Being constantly surrounded by about 20 Revenants, 5 Arch Viles, or 30 Hell Knights, when you have about 10 shells left is not my idea of fun.
2002ado (what I've played of it so far)
Strain
Gulag for Heretic
Caldera for Hexen

I would include my own creations, but I'd rather not. It seems kind of silly for me to suggest my own maps as my favorite.

Gotta go with MM/MM2.

AV was incredible, but the first two are absolute classics.

Linguica said:

that megawad is so inspiring. i read something about it being compatible with doom2.exe but haven't tried it, that IS amazing. my megawad is not quite finished yet, maybe someday someone will like it too.

Use3D said:

that megawad is so inspiring. i read something about it being compatible with doom2.exe but haven't tried it, that IS amazing. my megawad is not quite finished yet, maybe someday someone will like it too.

AV & Doom2.exe: apparently there are issues with savegames in many of the maps (believable), and there are sometimes so many "things" that the engine can't display them all (I'm sure there's a word for this phenomenon, but I don't know it). This is very apparent if, e.g., you watch a Doom2.exe demo for Map 32.

the_Danarchist said:
Wheee...I'm not the only one. I think I got to map 11 before I had to give up. Great wad.

I got all the way to map 26, and if it wasn't for map 26 I would have finshed it by now. Map 26. A Stain on what is otherwise a flawless Pwad. :(

NiGHTMARE said:

The Darkening Episode 2 :)

Ah, yeah. I forgot about that one.

/me edits recent post.