Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

XCOM General Thread

With the War of The Chosen expansion almost here (comes out on the 29th) I thought maybe it would be a good idea to make a dedicated XCOM thread, can be about any game or mod, from the original series to the reboot and just terrible memes.

Which game are you playing?

How are your current runs coming along?

What do you want to see most from War of The Chosen?

Terror For The Deep when?

Currently attempting a run in the original X-COM with the X-COM Files mod and I gotta say the mix of Men in Black and X-Files is surprisingly great.

X-Files-poster.jpg 

Got the whole xcom package a while back with an humble bundle: i mostly play tactical and strategy games and still this series manage to kick my ass in ways i could not belive possible. The original game is brutal and the remake isn't nice either (never completed either of them, i just keep losing a neverending stream of soldiers). Maybe now it is time to go back to them uh?

I've only done a single playthrough of Xcom 2, but im gonna try to get my hands on war of the chosen, it's too bad that lately i don't have as much spare time to play as i used too, i did played an insane hours of the previous xcom and the enemy within add on.

Also i hope to get to play the original game again some time since goddamn it was a fun game, it has been years since that playthrough, but i still remember one soldier that i got into insane stats, and evolved into a killing machine, best of all, was that his randomly generated name was "Carl Nash", how fitting.
Good times

The old XhyphenCOM games are a tad too clunky and grognardy for my tastes. But I'm a huge fan of the Firaxis series and am definitely looking forward to the expansion.

i got into the new games just shy of a month ago, and really enjoyed them, despite me being really nooby and terrible at the games. i decided to stop playing XCOM 2 to give myself a break until the new expansion pack comes out, to dive into the madness again. i probably won't be able to buy it right away, and have to wait before i try it, but i did really enjoy the games even though they could make me really angry, heh.

i'm too scared to try the original XCOM games, since i've heard they're brutally difficult and i value my sanity.

Just go in the with the roguelike mentality of "I'm not gonna win but I'll try anyway" 

By the way you can now download this http://store.steampowered.com/app/433050/XCOM_2_War_of_the_Chosen__Propaganda_Center/

It lets you make propaganda posters which I assume you can either put up during missions or at least see them on walls inside your base and on random urban/resistance areas.

You don't need the expansion to make posters and you can use your XCOM 2 custom soldiers, although without mods.

Propaganda.jpg