Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Which all tracks from the soundtrack is your favourite?

Well, here are mine:

1. Title Theme.
  2. At DOOM's Gate.
  3. Flesh and Metal
  4. Praetor Suit
  5. BFG Division
  6. Mastermind
  7. VEGA Core
  8. Gore Nest.

What about you guys?

1. BFG Division 

2. Mastermind

3. Rip & Tear 

Bonus: Inferno, its not Doom but its Mick Gordon :D

All of them.

BFG Division is a definite #1, though.

BFG Division is definitely my top choice however majority of the heavy songs are great, if not all.

BFG Division, baby. It defines Doom in a unique way that can easily be recognised, and has this anthem-like theme.

And that Waltz of the Demons homage is epic.

Rip and Tear has been ruined for me because of this :(.

I won't lie, and not to be "that guy" but I can't really name a single track as a favorite, which is weird since I got really into the type of metal it was trying to emulate. It wasn't "bad" by any means, but I seriously felt like some sort of soul was missing. Sort of like one aspect of something had been taken and then pounded into the ground. I'm also an ultra picky musician so don't put too much into my words lol. 

5 hours ago, DiluteKoh said:

I seriously felt like some sort of soul was missing.

Well you may be referring to the fact that Mick had to break the songs into a fuckton set of small melodies to fit into the game's music logic, BFG Division is the only one that is mostly continous so that is why it is the most loved too, in exception of the ambient melodies, the light action (buildup) melodies of the songs is too repetitive and then in the heavy action they are too random, so probably the problem lies in the subtle harmony change.

4 hours ago, Zanieon said:

Well you may be referring to the fact that Mick had to break the songs into a fuckton set of small melodies to fit into the game's music logic, BFG Division is the only one that is mostly continous so that is why it is the most loved too, in exception of the ambient melodies, the light action (buildup) melodies of the songs is too repetitive and then in the heavy action they are too random, so probably the problem lies in the subtle harmony change.

That REALLY, is truly the thing I can't stand honestly, and I meant to add that in my post but forgot. It's a trend in games these days that I really don't like. I really miss the days where like, there was a THEME going on. Like in classic doom, even if the demons are dead, that song is still going in the background, and you're still batshit insane going on a rampage to finish the level. The "okay it builds up, HOLD ON 2 ENEMIES DUN DUN DUN DUN oops ya killed em real quick okay back to quiet OH OKAY HERE WE GO AGAIN Etc etc" It's just like...STOP. Actually in the end it kinda kills any form of tension because you can automatically tell when you've killed em all off just by the music cues. Bah. The album on it's own is really awesome though. It's not my FAVORITE, but it still slays.

I'm getting old.

Along with BFG Division and Rip And Tear, I've grown to like Mastermind too. That funky beat really amps me up for battle.

Only track I remember anything is the one from the launch trailer that ends with the beginning of At Doom's Gate, and the choir version of Sign of Evil.

I love the whole soundtrack, Just went through the whole thing to try and see what my exact favorites are. bfg division, transistor fist, Dr. samual hayden, damnation, skull hacker, mastermind, vega core. I don't know, they're all good. I don't really have a favorite.

BFG Division is my favorite of the themes (nothing better for going berserk and Glory Killing these bastards left and right), followed closely by Damnation with the awesome choir. Rip and Tear isn't too bad either.

I also really like the ambient tracks of Doom 2016 as well. Those nice little moments between combat where you can take in the sights an sounds of the environment.

According to Google Play, I've heard the soundtrack 53 times and I couldn't tell you if there was a favorite. It just all blends together like one long song. Then again I listen while I work, so its not like hearing the music is my priority.

Spotify put BFG Division and Rip and Tear on my 100 most listened tracks this year. So I guess those two :)

BFG Division by a land slide, though argent combat, and the scrapped at dooms gate are also really awesome. Though i frequently just let the whole soundtrack run while i'm at work to help me focus

On 9/24/2017 at 9:34 AM, MrGlide said:

I love the whole soundtrack, Just went through the whole thing to try and see what my exact favorites are. bfg division, transistor fist, Dr. samual hayden, damnation, skull hacker, mastermind, vega core. I don't know, they're all good. I don't really have a favorite.

That's such a cop-out answer. You have to pick one favorite dude and not take the easy route. My favorite is FLESH & METAL .