Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Which all tracks from the soundtrack is your favourite?

Only one and that would be Harbinger. Especially the calm parts that play between the fights in Argent Facility level.

Also nice that in the "heavy parts" the Doom 3 theme is mixed in.

Everyone seems to automatically go to BFG division, which just didn't strike me in any special way.

I see a lot of love for BFG Division, and it's too one of my favorites, but this little piece that plays during the lift ride up to VEGA is one of the most ominous things I've heard. For me it stands out from the rest of the soundtrack.

I like SkullHacker.

That VEGA elevator lift is also pretty cool, because of how unexpected it was. It goes perfectly with those giant doors opening. VEGA should have been a boss too. The main room seems to suggest that he was originally supposed to be the Spider Mastermind. 

Snapmap also has some interesting ones. One of them sounds like it is from...Dune 2?

My favorite bit is actually one of the ambient cues that plays in Kadingir Sanctum. On the soundtrack it's the backing to the start of Dakhma, but I've never been able to find it without a voice over or in any extended form anywhere. A so-called "complete" 6-hour long soundtrack rip I have doesn't even include it at all, somehow. It's kind of annoying how it gets constantly overlooked.

Nobody told me about id

wait, doom 2016 no have that song?, the cyberdemon song is another?

well i need my money now... 

okno, getting serious,

i love the theme of the guardian of hell and the theme of spider mastermind

(and fight like hell)

So weird that there r at least a couple of people on here saying the soundtrack is shit. You know what YOU r shit.

Also, YES BFG Division is the business, totally dope track, exceptional production and epic mixing and mastering.... the compression on that first bass impact is ridiculous.... but lets not forget tracks like Biowaves - listen to this track on a decent balanced pair of studio monitors, the subsonic frequencies r just insane. Cyberdemon has some INSANE mixing on the choir/orchestral parts. Vega Core utilizes one of the best sounding synths that subtly goes in and out of tuning as it progresses. I mean.... this soundtrack has reinvigorated my love of guitar driven electronic music. Coming from a Nine Inch Nails, Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy background but also loving Johann Johannsson, Hans Zimmer and Harry Gregson-Williams, i love melody and meaning but chaos and destruction and this soundtrack is by far the best sonic experience i have had in a good long while.

Yeah, Rip and Tear is goog, but Incantation is utterly SICK, those taiko/symphonic toms just sound giant, and at the end the mixing of the droning and nonsensical ambiance becomes totally terrifying. Hellwalker is just fucking stupidly good, the mixing on ALL of the guitars and allowing them all to live in their own EQ space is mindbendingly good. Mick is actually really surprising. Hearing him in interviews and stuff has left me feeling like he is a little bit full of himself, i mean, he seems nice but he seems maybe be is a little bit cocky, but his music speaks for him, he has EVERY right to be cocky, this soundtrack is in a league of an international standard higher than so so many recording artists and producers nowadays. This is a soundtrack that will and has rewritten the way that we music producers should consider how guitars are used. Simplicity and harshness, brilliant. just brilliant.

These two hit me hard enough to stop midway through the game just to listen to it. 

I play DOOM for the gameplay and I don't really care what type of metal it is or any of that shit. If it sounds good to me then I'm fine. And these definitely sound good to me.