Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annoyingduck

Unmaker/Demon-Key Cheat Brutal Doom 64??

Hey guys, new to the forums.  Just started playing Brutal Doom 64 via GZDoom on Linux...super awesome! I've scoured the internet looking for a way to enable all of the Demon Key features to the Unmaker lazily and I'm striking out.  Anyone know of a command to cheat to give you all of the Demon Keys?  Running IDKFA (which I hate doing, I prefer IDFA) gives you all of the Scull Keys, but not the Demon Keys.  Is the only way to go through and get them the "real" way via the secret levels?  I'm lazy sometimes, and all I want to do is jump to a level, enable god mode, enable all weapons (no keys) and go kill things. An easy way to get the full power of the Unmaker would be awesome to aid in my homicidal pastime..  

if you really want to cheat you need to spawn them via console.

from wiki: 

summon <class> [angle [TID [special [args... ]]]]

Spawns a new actor in front of you. A complete list of actors can be obtained with the dumpclasses actor command. For a list of actors limited to those you can place in an editor, use the dumpmapthings command. It is possible to spawn actors from another game with this command, but they will not be visible unless you provide the missing graphics for them.

By default, the actor spawns facing East. If the optional angle parameter is provided, the actor is spawned at an angle relative to the player's current facing instead. (0 faces away from the player, while 180 faces towards him).

Additional optional parameters can be used to set the summoned actor's TID, special, and arguments.

I'm not following that.  Are you saying there is not a command to just add in the Demon Keys and what I would need to do is spawn a character than add some parameter in there that he has all 3 demon keys?  Was kinda looking for a simple command (like IDFA) to get all 3 demon keys without having to go through all 3 secret levels.  The final secret level is initiated from level 18, I wanted to get the Unmaker fully armed with all 3 keys from the start of the game.

or don't cheat and get it legally. Also you can try this brutal doom cheat, i think it will work: give all <--- literally gives everything including all guns, upgrades, ammo, full health, heavy armour and all keycards+skeleton keys for the level

Just type these commands in the console one after the other:

give WpnPower1
give WpnPower2
give WpnPower3

Or do this to create a bind to give them all at once for new games:

bind [key] "give WpnPower1;give WpnPower2;give WpnPower3"

9 hours ago, annoyingduck said:

Are you saying there is not a command to just add in the Demon Keys and what I would need to do is spawn a character than add some parameter in there that he has all 3 demon keys?  Was kinda looking for a simple command (like IDFA) to get all 3 demon keys without having to go through all 3 secret levels.

These "simple commands", which you directly type on the keyboard while playing, are how the original Doom engine handled cheats. GZDoom keeps the original cheats only for convenience + compatibility purposes, and doesn't allow to define new ones like that. Instead, GZDoom has a console which you can open, type commands into it and execute them by pressing enter. The commands supported by the console are different from the original cheats, but their number and flexibility is far larger - see here: https://zdoom.org/wiki/CCMDs. So basically, in GZDoom, the original cheats are just a "tolerated" feature from the past, whereas the console is the main feature for customization, cheating, debugging etc.

7 hours ago, Nevander said:

Just type these commands in the console one after the other:

give WpnPower1
give WpnPower2
give WpnPower3

Or do this to create a bind to give them all at once for new games:

bind [key] "give WpnPower1;give WpnPower2;give WpnPower3"

Awesome, that's what I needed.  Works perfect!  Thank you.

5 hours ago, scifista42 said:

These "simple commands", which you directly type on the keyboard while playing, are how the original Doom engine handled cheats. GZDoom keeps the original cheats only for convenience + compatibility purposes, and doesn't allow to define new ones like that. Instead, GZDoom has a console which you can open, type commands into it and execute them by pressing enter. The commands supported by the console are different from the original cheats, but their number and flexibility is far larger - see here: https://zdoom.org/wiki/CCMDs. So basically, in GZDoom, the original cheats are just a "tolerated" feature from the past, whereas the console is the main feature for customization, cheating, debugging etc.

Dude, you rock.  Invaluable information, and well rounded response to a noob/casual gamer.  I had no idea.  Thank you.