Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Quake Champions confirms: the Doom Slayer is original Doomguy

I knew it, they all said I was crazy but I'm not crazy! They are all crazy! Haha! Fuck!

100% pure fanservice.

Only thing remaining is Doom64guy to complete the picture.

Well duh. That's the impression I got and I never read through any of the lore.

My actual new head canon: Every single mod and map that stars Doomguy is also also canon.

Spoiler

Yes even HDoom

1 hour ago, Red said:

My actual new head canon: Every single mod and map that stars Doomguy is also also canon.

Hide contents

Yes even HDoom

Wasn't that implied anyway? That basically Doomguy has spent a thousand years hopping through every dimension Hell has ever invaded and killing all the demons. That's what every custom wad is: yet another dimension that needs ripping and tearing.

Good to know he's been having at least some fun dealing with crossdimensional bullshit from time to time

rmpvhRb.gif

2 hours ago, Red said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes even HDoom

But that would mean Terry WADs are canon...no wonder he is so pissed...

DID YOU KNOW: there is a court case from the 90s that rules that custom Duke3D levels are not the property of the author, but are inherently copyrighted by 3D Realms, because they comprise the "continuing adventures" of Duke Nukem? Just want to put that out there if you want to gleefully announce that all Doom WADs are the canonical continuing adventures of Doomguy.

Quake Champions also says Shamblers have fur.

And QC says Ranger went through only one Slipgate.

And that Ranger never returned to Earth.

And that he had a Machine Gun.

These Saber Interactive guys are making a mockery of id Software's pre-established canon! We must band together to put an end to these absolute mad men.

What's next for these hack frauds? Are they going to get Doomguy's outfit wrong too?

I recall official artwork in a magazine for Quake 64 showed a Shambler as being all skin.

6 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

stuff

That guy seems ludicrously angry over a few retcons

IIRC Correctly, Quake 2 was supposed to be a completely different IP. 

"Originally, Quake II was supposed to be an entirely new game and IP; titles like 'Strogg,' 'Lock and Load,' and even just 'Load' were toyed with in the early days of development. But after numerous failed attempts, the team at id decided to stick with 'Quake II' and forego the gothic Lovecraftian theme from the original in favor of a more sci-fi aesthetic." - Uncited refrence from Wikipedia.

Can we just accept part of Quake's lore is that it doesn't have any lore. Or maybe that is the lore. It's intentionally filled with inaccuracies, because we are talking about, "gods" and our mere mortal writings are too fallible to accurately keep records of their activity?

"gods" right? That's what Quake 3 says, right?

Where is Hunter?

2 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

That guy seems ludicrously angry over a few retcons

It's clearly all very tongue-in-cheek. I laughed out loud at the #NotMyShambler hashtag.

I'm surprised no one is turning this recent trend of video game meta-universes and -narratives into YT fodder yet. After all, there were at least 3 games in 2016 that went that route.

Here's a video showing all the doomguy skins

The classic skins look pretty off to me. The doom 3 one bugs me especially, it doesn't look like him. It looks like a different guy. Don't they have the original meshes to work with?

2 minutes ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

The doom 3 one bugs me especially, it doesn't look like him. It looks like a different guy. 

Well the Doom 3 Marine is a different Marine than the Doom Slayer. 

Resurrection of Evil Marine face when?