Quake Champions confirms: the Doom Slayer is original Doomguy

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

Oh my god they really didn't remember to correct for aspect ratio!! I'm freakin out here!!!

That was going to be my next tweet! I was just spacing them out. Are you stealing my tweets, Ling?

belly shirt

That's a pretty inaccurate term.

That's right, the correct term is crop top. Get it right people!

1 person likes this

Actually if you look closely you can see the shirt is torn like in the boxart.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Doomkid said:

That's right, the correct term is crop top. Get it right people!

Doomguy is such as tease.

1 person likes this

On 9/2/2017 at 0:37 AM, Linguica said:

Oh my god they really didn't remember to correct for aspect ratio!! I'm freakin out here!!!

And yes the Doomguy's face is meant to be stretched vertically by 20%. This is not up for dispute, it is objective fact https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio

Yet the attempt somebody made to "correct" the new 3D Doomguy's head looked much worse, IMHO. Way too tall and skinny. Something between that and the super beefy look he has currently would probably be more natural, rather than the "ideal" 4:3 stretched version. However I get the distinct feel from all of the stuff in QC so far that they were going for a bit of an animated look to stuff. It's not really hyper-realistic.

2 people like this

I'm not incredibly fond of most of the QC Character models. They Don't feel "id" to me, but that they are trying and slightly missing the mark. Does Doomguy speak at all in QC? I hope not.

43 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

I'm not incredibly fond of most of the QC Character models. They Don't feel "id" to me, but that they are trying and slightly missing the mark. Does Doomguy speak at all in QC? I hope not.

Not judging from any of the early access videos on YouTube so far. I'm pretty sure the silent protagonist angle is considered a core unalterable part of his character now.

1 person likes this