Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

What music would you use in your own FPS?

Which would you use in your own futuristic FPS?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you use in your own futuristic FPS?

• Modern metal
    • Old school (heavy) metal
    • Rock
    • Industrial
    • Drum \'n\' Base
    • Techno
    • Dance
    • Ambient
    • Orchestral / Classical
    • Other (please specify which)

Imagine you were in charge of making your own futuristic FPS, full of evil aliens and whatnot. What kind of music would you want to have in it?

EDIT: it should be Drum 'n' Bass, not Drum \'n\'Base

I agree with BBG. I like all those genres of music, and my FPS would be great with them all.

/me makes some music for his project

A mix. IMO, Ambient music for normal areas...classical or metal for action, even better, a heavy metal and an orchestra combined, with the right composer/band it would sound phenonemal. (That is not how to spell it, Im sure) and industrial here and there.

If i had to pick one, i'd go with industrial - it ranges from soft, haunting synthesiser melodies to full on crashing guitars.

Whatever would fit the game, for example metal would not go with Alice while it would go fine with quake 2.

Spike said:

If i had to pick one, i'd go with industrial - it ranges from soft, haunting synthesiser melodies to full on crashing guitars.

That's why I love industrial so much. I'd probably compose all the music myself because thats one of my favorite things to do. Personaly, I think I'm a good composer but I have neither the tools or the training to pull it off very well.

Orchestral as the leading AND support, combined with weird-ass what-the-hell-is-this techno and a bit metal to flesh out something unique.

Archvile64 said:

Mark Klem/Tolwyn, definitely.

Hear Hear!

I'd also go with some Marc Pullen too.

Or at least some ambiant,industrial, and metal.

In that situation I might choose to do something similar to the way music is set up in Half-Life, which has ambience most of the time, but with more action-oriented music at certain special points. But I'd use genres of a sort of eerie/creepy music for normal-time music (think D_E2M6 or D_ROMERO) and techno/metal for the "heat up" parts of the game, at least I think that's what they would be (I'm not too good at differentiating genres) but think of something similar to: the Duke Nukem 3D theme song, the Raptor: Call of the Shadows music, or other similarly fast paced/heavy style of music.

As for what my "futuristic game" would be themed like, I think it would invole a colony of humans who have become hideously malformed and hostile from a biological weapon release. But now I'm straying from the topic, so I will end here.

I hope you could understand it, it seems a little incoherent but it's the best I could do right now.

Britney Spears/Teen Pop. I always listen to it when I'm playing FPS's. Really fits the mood.

orion said:

Whatever would fit the game, for example metal would not go with Alice while it would go fine with quake 2.

But Alice is, AFAIK (I've never played it), a third person game, not an FPS. It's also definitely not futuristic, which is what this poll was asking about.

fraggle said:

Britney Spears/Teen Pop. I always listen to it when I'm playing FPS's. Really fits the mood.

It most certainly does...

Please note : I am out of my brain just now.

it would definately depend on the environment of the levels. a dark cramped maze-like area would require creepy ambient music, something that would build the suspense. for a fire fight type environment I would throw some hard metal or hard techno, just to get you amped and keep you moving.

Punk rock. Use Bad Religion's: "Fuck Armageddon, This is Hell" for boss battles. It'd be sweet.

If I were designing a futuristic Fps, Id use a delightful mix of ambient (for most levels). And for levels where there will be a lot of fighting and I want the player to MOVE
I'll use soemthing hard. most likely metal or a form of industrial.

Instrumental Hip Hop and Trip Hop would also be cool.

NO.