Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spamclark15

Replacing a video in vanilla DOOM 3

I've encoded a new video to replace the ROQ played in place of the current one on hellhole, but the way that the current video is tied to rescue.gui and the hellhole.map has me lost. All the stuff the GUI adds is nothing I want on the replacement, which I would like played as-is and at the new length that is longer than rescue.roq. Trying to write a new GUI for the new video and swap the GUI name in the map results in the game saying the GUI ended unexpectedly. I could use some help with this replacement.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to help, but I am curious, what video are you trying to replace it with and why?

Alright I figured it out. I had to write a new GUI for it, make a new material for it, make changes to hellhole.map changing to the new GUI, and altering the delay on one of the triggers from 36.5 to fit the length of the new video (in case anyone else ever tries this). I replaced it because I play with the marine wearing his helmet and I wanted the outro in the game to reflect that.