Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

ITT your first arcade games

On 8/29/2017 at 11:14 AM, DMPhobos said:

I was waaay too young when i first played an arcade game (since my parents had an arcade gallery in my house in the early 90's), but most likely it was either this one

Or this one, since i have faint memories of sitting in my father's lap to reach the handle to play....

The pole position machine it's still at my house, it works fine for five minutes before it starts to glitch out, but hey, turning that old machine really brings back some memories

Have you not tried to get it repaired?

15 hours ago, Master O said:

Have you not tried to get it repaired?

I've considered it, but since it must be something hardware related, it requires someone specialized on that, and it looks to me as something expensive, so for the moment it's gonna stay as it is

The first arcade game I've ever actually played would be Heritage to the Future. Never a real machine, though. Only arcade I've ever seen closed down about about a month after opening.

Given that in the UK arcades weren't really a thing unless you lived in a city or coastal area back when, my first arcade game was the Atari 2600 version of Centipede; a version of the game I still hold in high regard considering the machine's limitations. First actual arcade cabinet -- I honestly can't remember. It may well have been as late as Street Fighter II Champion Edition, which was the point upon which I leapt onto that particular franchise (one of my favourites; in fact, top three with Sonic the Hedgehog and Doom).