nxGangrel Vs. Alfonzo

Can someone tell me the results? I havent watched it and I don't have time to really. Putting it in a spoiler should be a good countermeasure for people who want to watch the stream later or something I dunno...

Spoiler

Alfonzo won the first two games, but they were pretty close. After that, they had an "encore" match which GangGirl actually won.

1 person likes this

I wanted to say that I admire the sportsmanship on display here. There's probably a lot of people who want to get into Doom multiplayer, but are are grateful Doomguy doesn't have a crouch sprite for the sit-and-spin. It's nice to see that barrier of entry diminished. 

2 people like this

Aflie put up more of a fight then expected, those were extremely tense matches. I'm looking foreword to another fight with him and anyone else in the future, as well as other public 1v1 fights. I think we should start having more of them as well as getting them more "publicity" in this community of ours. I also like what 42 said. It would be cool if we had elimination tournaments. Let's get this kick started!

Also, thanks a bunch to @Decay for the practice rounds and advice!

If anyone has recorded the match as well, like the last one, that would be awesome. If not, no worries.

Edited by nxGangGirl
5 people like this

GG folks, i wasn't able to watch the stream as history unfloded due to some really shitty internet issues, but i'm cathing up watching cptclaver steam

1 person likes this

I finally had the chance to watch the match yesterday; great duels and wp both of you! Also major props to ganggirl for the outstanding performance; shame I missed the chance to get in a few duels during your training but I hope to some time in the future. Awesome to see mp getting more attention with these events, too; I'd like to see them continue :)

1 person likes this

Granted I said I'd fight Alfonzo AND 40oz, should I fight him as well for the hell of it? I'm sure it would be a fun show, haha

2 people like this

I'd like to see that; to complete the trifecta. If 40oz is interested and puts in a few games ahead of time, it could make for some great viewing. A great contest is as important as showing off skills to newcomers.

I'd actually advocate making it a best of five, though, or at least having the remaining games in a bo3 series play out as dead rubbers. The commentators and viewers for our game were urging you to get the win in the second match; they wanted more blood!

Edited by Alfonzo
2 people like this

I'd like to see 40 practice, get better, and firmly get a whoopin'.

Haha, well I'll let you handle your other multiplayer endeavors first before our next date night ;)

As for the general public, I'll be a regular on the zandronum servers. So catch me on one or pm me for a casual duel. Happy fragging ya'll!

2 people like this