Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

Post Your Guilty Pleasures Here

Don't be shy

I'm still a sucker for things like female fronted pop music (like t.A.T.u. or Gaga), I can't get enough of it. I also love terrible "industrial dance" music like i'm still 15 years old or something lol

I watched The Amazing Spiderman 2 TWICE in the theaters. One time I snuck in, and the next time I came back and paid for it lmao I even cried to the end like some kind of bitchboi. I watched it again recently and it didn't age too well but hey obviously it meant something to me back in 2014, because that was a hard year for me and the movie was a good escape from all of that. 

I still watch AVGN and Nostalgia Critic. 

I like 9gag stuff, listening modern talking sometimes or dig all those videos from cringy youtube side. 

I like to wear leggings as pajamas. I don't care what you think, they're soft and comfortable.

I don't like the concept of guilty pleasures. If something makes me happy, then why should I feel guilty for it?

Edited by Ajora

2 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

I like to wear leggings as pajamas. I don't care what you think, they're soft and comfortable.

I used to wear swimming trunks for that same reason.

5 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I don't like the concept of guilty pleasures. If something makes me happy, then why should I feel guilty for it?

"Guilty" is kind of a misnomer.  A guilty pleasure is something you enjoy that is unusual or not highly regarded, not something you feel guilty about.

Just now, YukiRaven said:

"Guilty" is kind of a misnomer.  A guilty pleasure is something you enjoy that is unusual or not highly regarded, not something you feel guilty about.

It can be, but it'll vary from person to person. I took the question for its literal interpretation, which synchronously implies that I'm deriving pleasure from something not highly regarded. 

5 hours ago, Neurosis said:

I still watch AVGN and Nostalgia Critic. 

I too watch those occasionally.

Now for guilty pleasures, is eating Nutella at 2:00 in the night a guilty pleasure? I mean it is nice doing that, but it might not be the perfect hour for that.

Also, many times I watch reviews for a product, after buying said product, in order to be like: "Haaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I knew I did well to buy it!!!"

However, don't do this!!! One time I ended up buying Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City for 5 euros, without knowing anything about it, because I thought: "Hey, the RE series is supposed to be good and this one is 5 euros!". BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

And once in a while I watch reviews of Transformers toys and similar figures on youtube.

I start playing many games and I leave them unplayed for a long while, so that I can start playing even more games that I don't finish. Right now I am trying to make my list of unfinished single player campaigns smaller and it is working out pretty well. Plus, when returning to a game randomly, there is a chance that I can have renewed interest in it and finish it at last.

1. I like the game STRAFE®
2. I enjoy Rap music (No, not that trap shit)
3. Synthwave is starting to catch my interest,namely the work of Perturbator.
4. I love cats.
5. Newgrounds is my jam.
6. I rather enjoy 80's cyberpunk.

Edited by VirtualOwl13

I used to have lots of guilty pleasures. The only thing I feel guilty about now is the lack of belief in the kind of Gods mentioned in various religions. Thankfully, that's not a pleasure anyway (at least for me).

^Been years since I've drunk barley water, going to make a couple pints now at least in the coming days. I had complete forgot this beverage existed.

5 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

Having put hundreds of hours on a single game.

I used to play diablo II and its expansion from close to the release dates and until like 2006. yeah, I know what you mean.

1 minute ago, YukiRaven said:

*cough*yeahimthesame*cough*

>_>

uh....cough.....I....second...cough...that....argh...cough