Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anarkavre

Doom on Halt and Catch Fire

Did anyone else see Doom on the last episode of Halt and Catch Fire? There is a scene of a game conference and Cameron, one of the main characters, makes her critique of Doom. She has a negative opinion at first, but then her opinion becomes more positive when in a later scene she plays a game of deathmatch against Gordon, another main character. I had a feeling that Doom would eventually be mentioned or shown when there was a season set in the '90s.

I like that Doom is actually being portrayed in a positive light.

Devil's Advocate, it could've been intentional they used the version with pills instead of red crosses, or the likely scenario it's an oversight and they don't know the difference.

I've never even heard of this show, is it any good? Is it a highly scripted show or is it more of a documentary series?

8 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

it could've been intentional they used the version with pills instead of red crosses

They probably wussed out and used that one to avoid potential crybabies over seeing a red cross in old video game.

I've never heard of the show. Is it worth catching up on just that one episode purely to see how they handled Doom?

6 hours ago, Bauul said:

I've never heard of the show. Is it worth catching up on just that one episode purely to see how they handled Doom?

No.

I was going to watch this show and even started the pilot when it came on but then quickly realized it was going to be like any other TV show except with computers.