Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

So, where are you from?

I know it's a bit of a more 'personal' question to ask. If anyone feels not to reply to this, I'm really sorry.

I LOVE to travel to different places around the world. By far, I have been to only a select few places such as Paris, Los Angeles and Dubai, and I need to explore more! I wish to go around the world. So I had an idea to visit those places where you guys are from. In Doomworld, since each of us are totally equal, we might have a wish to meet the users in real life by travelling to the places they live. I know, you are from various locations around the world and I do have the feeling to go to that place to meet you. 

So I want to hear from you. Where are you from? If I could, I might be able to meet you in my upcoming vacation next month.

I've lived almost my whole life (minus about half a year when I lived in Japan) in an area just north of Denver, Colorado.  To be honest, I may not live anywhere else because I love it here so much.  It's developed, so it's easy to get to grocery and department stores, yet still close enough to the Rocky Mountains that it takes only 30 minutes to be neck-deep in forest and rugged mountains.  Plus I'm only 45 minutes away from my favorite fishing hole, Gross Reservoir.

From one of those Baltic states in Europe. I'm still shy to tell where I live. 

5 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

From one of those Baltic states in Europe. I'm still shy to tell where I live. 

For some reason I had it in my head that you were from Finland, but I have no idea why XD

1 minute ago, YukiRaven said:

For some reason I had it in my head that you were from Finland, but I have no idea why XD

I wish I was. Finland is cool country compared to mine.

Sometimes I see maps of countries and there's countries with like tiny obscure corners and for some reason I'm always surprised to find out that people actually live in those little bits. Places like that bit of Norway that borders Russia that's easy to forget about. I dunno if that's a common thought with people, maybe I'm just weird :P

To make it even weirder, I already live in a similar kind of obscure corner!

wNAy6uT.png

Didn't we do an earlier thread with this question? I remember cracking a joke there but I my search-fu is failing me.

I am from one those countries with a cross on it's flag.

I was born in Santa Ana, California, but grew up in Chicago. Then I spent a bunch of my life in Seattle, and now I'm back in the Midwest -- Wisconsin, to be precise. If I stay in the Midwest, I plan on moving to one of the surfer towns, like Sheboygan, or maybe I'll go all the way across Lake Michigan to Grand Haven, because lake surfing seems so impossibly cool to me, and the people who do it seem really welcoming. 

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

I live about 30 minutes south of Richmond, Virginia, US. I've lived in that not-so-small town my whole life.

I thought I detected a bit of "South" in your speech. Not deep south, just a little south.

I live in Wisconsin currently, but I'm kinda from all over the western US.

27 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

I thought I detected a bit of "South" in your speech. Not deep south, just a little south.

I try to hide it for the most part, but it comes out when I'm stressed. which is almost always >.<

1 minute ago, Major Arlene said:

I try to hide it for the most part, but it comes out when I'm stressed. which is almost always >.<

Don't hide it... it's part of your character! :-)

The stress will decrease quite a bit when you finish school and get a job. Until then, just do what you can, and don't worry too much about things you can't control.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates 

هلا بالعيال, أي شخص آخر يمكن أن يتكلم العربية؟

6 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

I guess because we talked about Finland before, so probably you accidentally read that and this is why you got mixed ;P

BTW, just curious, how many languages can you speak/read/write/(whatever)?

20 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

Dubai, United Arab Emirates 

هلا بالعيال, أي شخص آخر يمكن أن يتكلم العربية؟

I took me this long to realize your username is the arabic chat alphabet.