Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

What food would you be a connoisseur of?

Recommended Posts

Mustard, I suppose. Nothing quite like old-style Dijon mustard prepared in small batches with some white wine. 

Share this post


Link to post

Coffee. 

 

Yes, it's a food. 

 

Also, baked goods and barbecue. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Job said:

Coffee. 

 

Yes, it's a food. 

 

Also, baked goods and barbecue. 

American coffee would qualify as soup.

Share this post


Link to post

Pizza. Chicken tacos. Asian Orange Chicken. Asian Sesame Chicken. Hamburgers.

 

I don't really take risks at new restaurants so I order the default from that selection. It they mess up one of those things I'll never return. If they don't mess it up and I do return maybe I'll have something else in the future.

 

1 hour ago, MFG38 said:

Do cookies count as food?

If its made with flour its a food. Licorice is made with flour therefore it is a food. My county had this argument as there was a candy tax like 10+ years ago and flour was exempt.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

American coffee would qualify as soup.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad. 

As far as my coffee goes, I'm very particular about how I grind it. Burr grinder, rotate the beans so I always have fresh stock, use reverse osmosis water and usually do it as pour over. To ensure consistency, I weigh out the water and beans down to the gram and time the duration that hot water is in contact with the grounds. Of course, I also have an Italian espresso machine and two Moka pots as well as a french press, but pour over is the best IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Job said:

I'm not sure if that's good or bad. 

As far as my coffee goes, I'm very particular about how I grind it. Burr grinder, rotate the beans so I always have fresh stock, use reverse osmosis water and usually do it as pour over. To ensure consistency, I weigh out the water and beans down to the gram and time the duration that hot water is in contact with the grounds. Of course, I also have an Italian espresso machine and two Moka pots as well as a french press, but pour over is the best IMO.

That sounds more like how my mother would make coffee, and I'll happily drink that. I've however have never been a connoisseur of coffee. I am more like a smoker who needs his fix past the point of dignity. Cigarette butts or a fresh package doesn't matter. I'll happily drink yesterdays instant coffee - cold. I probably should not call american coffee habits bad when mine are almost equal - ha.

 

How would you make coffee on a typical Tuesday-before-work morning?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

How would you make coffee on a typical Tuesday-before-work morning?

I usually don't wake up early enough to make my coffee before heading to work. :) I've actually got a miniature version of my pour over kit in my office, including a hot plate and hand crank burr grinder. That way, I can have my coffee fresh when I need it most, which is usually between 8am and 10:30. Definitely not a morning person, heh. 

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×