Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

More Half Life 3/episode 3 stuff

It is over my friend, it is time for Mr. Freeman get the rest he deserves.

CgHJcGWUsAAI1Hl.jpg

Actually the vid is more about how valve is possibly making a half life 3 game without freeman,his story ended but that doesn't mean that the story of the half life universe ended too.

After years of beating a dead horse it finally gets buried... And just a day later it's already getting dug up and put on strings to dance for the crowd that refused to leave the theatre. Heh.

12 hours ago, SOSU said:

Actually the vid is more about how valve is possibly making a half life 3 game without freeman,his story ended but that doesn't mean that the story of the half life universe ended too.

So Samus? Well before 6 months ago with the announcement.

Anyway, Team Fortress 2 took 10 years to make and went through 3 - 5 radically different versions. These versions were done, just unreleased. Supposedly it had a 3 man team doing everything.

I still feel Valve is waiting for a fan to make Half-Life 3 and make it official.

Edited by geo

Fuck you all for dragging this dead horse out over and over. Everyone who still has hope needs to get with the program: hope is for suckers. Half-Life is dead like my soul and is never coming back. We're more likely to get a fucking Marathon sequel.

21 minutes ago, dethtoll said:

Half-Life is dead like my soul

Holy shit...

I'm a big fan of the Half-Life series, but even I'm tired of this, and hell, I just started playing these games about 3 years ago, so I can't even imagine how the people that follow the series since 1998 feel.

I got what I wanted, which was Episode 3's storyline, so I don't really care anymore. If HL3 is released someday, then awesome! but I won't pay attention to the "HL3 confirmed!" kind of information anymore.

Yeah it's not like I wasn't sad that HL3 isn't gonna happen. I'm just able to feel closure and move on. But inevitably the people of youtube and other social media sites are gonna exploit this "hot" topic for views and attempt to create more buzz where there is none so that they can continue to milk it for all its worth long past the point of expiration. This is a zombie cow. This is literally Accursed Farms now. Good job.

"Hey guys I know hl3 is dead but...bUt WhAt If It'S nOt?!?11"

Why does everyone think Half-Life 3 won't happen? You all realize Laidlaw released the script for Episode 3, not Half-Life 3, right? Who is to say Half-Life 3 will even feature Gordon Freeman?

That said I still wouldn't count on HL3 coming out any time soon.

Even if the short fanfic by Laidlaw was for Half-Life 3 and not Episode 3, it still ends on a cliffhanger anyways to setup future installments.

The reason to think Half-Life is essentially dead is because there has been official updates from Valve themselves saying no one is working on it. It was maybe a year ago this was last said but there's no reason to think they are working on it now.

They might eventually bring it back to life, but for the moment, it's non-life.

I don't really give a shit if a Half Life 3 or episode 3 gets made or not. But if one is, they better bring back Shepphard for fucks sake. He's been in purgatory longer than HL3 has.

Hoping for OpFor is even more of wishful thinking than expecting HL3 any day now. It's held in ownership hell by valve and pitchford.

I hope it does. In fact, so many people are looking forward to it that it would be stupid for Valve to simply abandon it forever.

9 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Why would Valve care about making a game when they can just print money with Steam forever?

I feel like this is being intentionally overly sardonic, but considering this is a question asked genuinely by quite a few people ...

I mean, it's not like they tossed all those game designers, level designs, artists, sound designers, musicians, etc. into a portal to the dark aether. There's still people working on DOTA 2, CS:GO, and TF2, not to mention, y'know, Artifact, the upcoming game from them.

And let's not forget they're transitioning engines RIGHT NOW, with Dota2 running on Source 2.

Wouldn't make much sense to release something at this time. Hell, I bet they'll push L4D3 out of the door before, just to get more practice with the tools before HL3.

Valve makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year, if not over a billion at this point, for running Steam plus all the microtransactions in Dota 2 / TF2 / etc and all the illegal gambling and money laundering in CSGO. Why would they give a shit about pouring time and resources into making a game that, even with the wildest success imaginable, would still be a fraction of that? Wouldn't it make more financial sense to spend a lot less money to make some dumb CCG that they can monetize out the ass forever? Oh wait that's what they are actually doing.

2 hours ago, Arctangent said:

I mean, it's not like they tossed all those game designers, level designs, artists, sound designers, musicians, etc. into a portal to the dark aether.

Actually, they kinda did, in 2013.

Valve has to be making over a billion a year, and thats just looking at games selling on their platform. Nevermind the circus that is Dota 2, counter strike, and team fortress all having microtransactions that people hose money on. As for Half life 3 actually releasing or what not, it would be cool, But I'm not holding my breath at this point.

14 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Why does everyone think Half-Life 3 won't happen?

Because it fucking won't, period. Your weird quibbling over Episode 3 vs Half-Life 3 is missing the point: there will never be another Half-Life game, ever.

Somebody break out that hacker who leaked the hl2 beta and get him to leak whatever there is of episode 3 / Half-Life 3!