Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nautkillius

Unable to see in Doom Builder 2 the 3D floors

Question

Please help me! I am unable to see the 3D floors in Doom Builder 2, Doom in Hexen format. Is there an option in settings? Or am I doing something wrong? Please help me someone. :c

7 answers to this question

If you're talking about the 3D preview mode, Doom Builder 2 can't show 3D floors in it, only GZDoom Builder can.

39 minutes ago, Nautkillius said:

But, I saw a tutorial on Youtube with 3D floors and you could actually see them!

That was accomplished via the plugin that Da Werecat mentioned. It might still be possible to get the plugin somewhere, but note that Doom Builder 2 stopped being developed years ago, whereas GZDoom Builder's development was last active this year.

Maybe there's a plugin for that. But when it comes to features that assist in advanced mapping, you should probably look at GZDoom Builder.

The plugin for viewing 3D structures in a separate Doombuilder2 preview mode was/is called GZDoomediting.dll.

However, it was full of bugs which were mostly ironed out by MaxED in his follow-up GZDoom Builder, which is also no longer maintained.

The follow-up to that is GZDoom Builder - Bugfix . It is highly recommended.

Incidentally, if you are mapping in UDMF(ormat), there is also boris's ThreeDFloorMode.dll plugin, which makes the creation of sloped 3D contructs very simple.

Edited by Kappes Buur : boris's plugin

5 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

Incidentally, if you are mapping in UDMF(ormat), there is also boris's ThreeDFloorMode.dll plugin, which makes the creation of sloped 3D contructs very simple.

How long until that's integrated and not a plugin too?