Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kallisti

Doom III Lost Soul

Change the link to lost_soul.jpg. Right now, we're seeing a garbled text file. I did manage to see the picture, and it looks nice. Still, I'd rather have the flaming skull than a mechanized one.

Hmm... Now it says the link is bad. I think I see the problem. You have a jpg file, but it has a .txt extension. I see a couple of ways to fix this. Either find the file and rename it with a .jpg extension, then load it to the website again. Or you could get the picture here and then load it to the website.

Very amazing with great details! But it was weird that you could save an image as .txt? Never thought it'd be possible with most common programs.

It wasn't saved as .txt, it was saved as .jpg but renamed to .txt before i uploaded to Geocities, because you can remote link the image that way. It's a dirty little secret.

Yeah.. you need to get in more of a challenge by drawing a perspective view.. anyone can redraw the concept pic..

I did not, do not, and will never trace.

You people are hard to please.

I'll do one facing the audience then.

Nobody's trying to be hard on you. But all that's being said is simple and not meant to offend. ANYBODY can copy an existing picture. It doesn't require any creativity or real knowledge of drawing. I'm not saying you don't know a damn thing about drawing, BUT, if you challenge yourself, other people will be impressed.

Baron-Of-Hell said:

Noooo! What the hell is this! Lost Souls are not mechanical!!! This is an outrage!!!!!!!!!

That's because it's not a lost soul - the lost souls in Doom 3 are etheral, burning skulls that possess humans.

dsm said:

That's because it's not a lost soul - the lost souls in Doom 3 are etheral, burning skulls that possess humans.

Thank god, the last thing I want to see is all the demons to become machines, that would be the biggest mistake ever! :)

Looks like there are two kinds of souls.

The mechanical one is probably the one you'll fight in-game.

And it does seem like many monsters are going to get mechanical implants.

*Drool*

Fredrik said:

Looks like there are two kinds of souls.

The mechanical one is probably the one you'll fight in-game.

And it does seem like many monsters are going to get mechanical implants.

*Drool*

Yep, the mechanical one will be the one that you fight, it'll do the same stuff as the old lost soul (launching itself screeching at the player) - but it will not be a lost "soul". Ever heard of a soul that was driven by a rocket engine? I haven't in any ghost story or other story whatsoever except stories about FAKE ghosts.

Christ, I've constantly been explaining this stuff to people since E3. Get it right dammit.

maby the negative hellish energy builds its own monsters with the recources available like: dead bodies and mechanical stuff in the base..

Ever heard of a soul that was driven by a rocket engine

Ever heard of a demon with mechanical legs?

Fredrik said:

Ever heard of a demon with mechanical legs?

As a matter of fact: yes.
I've read stories about biomechanical demons - an interesting interpretation of Hell.

Coopersville said:

I'm anxious to see ID offically label it as a Lost Soul so I can go HAH at all of you..

If they do that I'll kill both them and YOU :-P