Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

Bad news for the D3 story

I just found out that the guy who's writing Doom 3's story, Matt Costello, also wrote the story to the abysmal "games" The 7th Guest and 11th Hour. This most likely means, to put it lightly, that the Doom 3 story isn't going to be very good :(

This has been known for some time. Also, Graeme Devine was the game designer for The 7th Guest and he's a designer for Doom 3, so draw your own conclusions.

NiGHTMARE said:

I just found out that the guy who's writing Doom 3's story, Matt Costello, also wrote the story to the abysmal "games" The 7th Guest and 11th Hour. This most likely means, to put it lightly, that the Doom 3 story isn't going to be very good :(

Uhh, I was under the impression that he was good for exactly those reasons. Why were the 7th Guest and the 11th hour stories abysmal?

WTF!!!.. I love the "7th quest" and the "11th hour" I am very pleased that the story is written by Matt Costello

dsm said:

Why were the 7th Guest and the 11th hour stories abysmal?

The games themselves were interactive movies, which is bad enough, but the stories were utterly full of clichés and plots twists were which were completely predictable.

NiGHTMARE said:

The games themselves were interactive movies, which is bad enough, but the stories were utterly full of clichés and plots twists were which were completely predictable.

Well, 7th Guest and 11th Hour are both old games - the author may have improved his ability to come up with stories. It's your only hope ;-)

Disorder said:

<Offtopic> Doom III will be shown on ECTS </Offtopic>

Why in the name of all crap don't you post a new thread about it dammit!?
Let's keep this ON TOPIC.

I don`t expect much about DOOM story.if It turn to be good.I will consider it as a bonus.

OFF topic:I think Activison will use that E3 theater showing DOOM.and No one from id except Todd will go ETCS.We can expect all-of-the-info-we-already-know from Todd`s interview.

one those games arnt fps's so that is the reason behind the movie like game play. they are myst like so STFU!!!

two they were supposed to have some of the most awsome storys ever

Yes, they are like Myst, i.e. crap. Before you go shouting about many copies Myst sold, let me tell you that Myst and its sequels are games which had (and with the Myst trilogy out now, HAVE) a tendency to be mainly bought and played by people who wouldn't normally play games, and these people don't know the first thing about games, especially just how poor Myst and co. are when compared to most other games.

This happened due to excessive advertising in places you normally don't see PC games advertised; Myst was even adveristed in British newspapers, something I've never seen happen with PC games since, except with its sequels. Oh yes, and the Sims, which pretty proves my point. An utterly dire game, bought by millions of people who don't know anything about games. The Sims is the only PC game that's regularly advertised on TV in the UK during peak hours.

I don't know ANYONE in real life who even owns let alone likes Myst and its sequels, or indeed the Sims.

<Offtopic> Doom III will NOT be shown at ECTS; Activision, the game's publisher is not attending ECTS this year because they relatively recently held their own event, Activate. </Offtopic>