Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Can we have a Doomworld client for PC and Mobile platforms?

Cuz' why not? People might love to access Doomworld wherever they are with a free client for mobile apps or Pc. We just don't need to open a stupid web browser just to access the forums, why can't we just have a mobile app/PC client to sort out all our problems?

Instead you need to open a stupid app. Can't you have a webpage link on Android and PC so you don't have to type in doomworld.com?

Couldn't you just set a bookmark and be like

Open Chrome

Tap Doomworld

Magic
20066558_152388862000043_843322377667346

I mean the mobile site looks nice and has near every feature of the desktop version has (not to mention you can also browse the actual desktop version) on top of being able to open multiple tabs and everything else.

This site was made responsive recently for this very reason. Add a shortcut to your homescreen if you're that lazy. :P

1 hour ago, TFK said:

We just don't need to open a stupid web browser just to access the forums, why can't we just have a mobile app/PC client to sort out all our problems?

Tired of browsing forums the old way? *gif of people badly injuring themselves while trying to browse Doomworld* Here's ForumMaster3000, it does everything browsers do, but now you need a separate window for it!

I've never understood most mobile clients for websites that already have a working and usable mobile site.  It's like their only purpose is to make money with better-placed or better-chosen ads.  There are a few exceptions, like Facebook and Twitter, but I can't understand most others.

We just don't need to open a stupid web browser just to access the forums

Don't underestimate the power of a web browser!

why can't we just have a mobile app/PC client to sort out all our problems?

What problems?
"UUUUUUGGGGHHHHH I DONT WANT TO TYPE OUT WWW DOT DOOMWORLD DOT COM UUUUUGGGGHHHH"
"UUUGGGGHHHHHH I DONT WANT TO TAP ON MY DOOMWORLD BOOKMARK TO VISIT DOOMWORLD UUUUGGGGHHHH"

(not to mention you can also browse the actual desktop version)

On mobile? I couldn't do it on my browser though.

10 hours ago, dew said:

Tired of browsing forums the old way? *gif of people badly injuring themselves while trying to browse Doomworld* Here's ForumMaster3000, it does everything browsers do, but now you need a separate window for it!

Thanks, Cinco

ioKtz.jpg

16 hours ago, dew said:

*gif of people badly injuring themselves while trying to browse Doomworld*

Accurate depiction of attempting to use Doomworld:

XPr2Qdc.gif

19 minutes ago, Voros said:

And if you don't find a better way:
42.gif

Wow is it 2009 again? I haven't seen this gif in ages.