Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

What kind of episode do you want me to make next time? Vote!

What kind of episode do you want me to make next time? Vote!  

51 members have voted

1. 1. I'm debating myself between 2 options

• Dark and desolate marble based hellish episode with some bits of tech remains.
    • Mid 90s based episode with crazy colourful texturing and mixed theme, lots of firelamps, hanging bodies and cheesy furniture.

Maybe make a single map of each kind and then decide for yourself which one you liked making more and/or post them to see what people will think about them once they're made.

I personally prefer maps of the colorful-mixed-cheesy kind, but as I see it (though I might be wrong, I'm not familiar with all of your work), you've already made many more maps of the colorful-mixed-cheesy kind than you've made maps of the dark-desolate-hellish kind, which alone might make dark-desolate-hellish maps from you interesting to see and play.

Mano Laikas had some fun more hellish levels, but it wasn't much.

I'd love to see some really hellish levels :D

Idk, do more experiments with mapping, but now with proper alignments and stuff. 

4 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Idk, do more experiments with mapping, but now with proper alignments and stuff. 

For the hell episode standard alignment is intended, but not more that it is in the Iwad maps. For the 90's inspired episode not so.

Believe it or not, my wads know due to their misalignments have some alignment too on the x axis, especially crates, switches, computer panels, lights, and startan pannels are for the most part semi-aligned, the rest aligned to zero for sure, with some exceptions. Sometimes I use the architecture for alignment as for the alpha startan pannels which are 40 units wide. For the Y axis I let sector height do the job.

12 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Haven't you figured out yet that he makes maps like back in the nineties? You know, before you were born?

Go for the dark and desolate type first, Nicolas! Scifista said the "why" well.

Episode with good maps (Troll mode activated).

Seriously , I'm really interested by a dark and desolate marble based hellish episode with some bits of tech remain

7 hours ago, Olroda said:

Haven't you figured out yet that he makes maps like back in the nineties? You know, before you were born?

Sometimes it's worth to build different kind of stuff, not only one type over and over again. If you ask public opinion, you'll get different type of answers, including negative things. 

And actually I'm older than you think. 

Yeah, I'm not sure if Nicolas cares, but I would really like to see something new from him. Something that will make me go "woah, what is this?" rather than "okay, so he made another episode like all these other episodes". I love his wads, but at the same time I kind of don't want to play them anymore. It's kind of like eating too much white chocolate.

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if Nicolas cares, but I would really like to see something new from him. Something that will make me go "woah, what is this?" rather than "okay, so he made another episode like all these other episodes". I love his wads, but at the same time I kind of don't want to play them anymore. It's kind of like eating too much white chocolate.

LOL I understand, I like white chocolate a lot but I'll go with something different this time, or I'll try at best.

I personally love everything he's made so far. Every time I play his wads, I remember what made me love the OGs so much—layout, monster placement, secrets. Except his levels are a tad more challenging and take longer to complete.

My favorite Monti wads are the original KDiTD-styled Favillesco episodes ("Genuflected on Io" and "Tragedy over Europa"), so I'd really like to see a sequel to these, maybe a Hell-themed episode in the same vein just to complete the series.