Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

Which keyboard and mouse do you use?

Just curious. I've only just recently had the pleasure of using a nice mechanical KB at Best Buy, and now I fell in love with mx Blues and I'm regretting getting the CM Devastator 3.

If you're not recording, blue switches (I assume they're that clicky-clacky ones) are nice, but I found they're pretty annoying after several years, so now I have rubber rings under the key caps.

I'm using Razer Blackwidow Dragon Age II Edition and Steelseries 300 Rival.

When I first got my M+KB from Amazon, the LED color toggler didn't work, so I sent it back to Cooler Master and they sent me a new mouse AND a keyboard. So now I don't know what to do because I'm sure this keyboard is going to last a while unless I go, "Angry German Kid" on it, but even if I do I have a backup one. I already want a new keyboard and now I have no way of justifying that purchase. First world problems.

I've got a few KBs from a local resale shop. This is the first time I've ever spent more than $6 on one. They're all pretty much the same; though, I do seem to type consistently faster with my new one. I've switched back and forth with my typing tests and my accuracy is noticeably more consistent and that really helps out with speed. With the Cherry blues it feels like I'm soaring over they keys.

Logitech G510s keyboard and a Logitech G502 mouse.

At least, that's what I'm using for now until I found out what I did with my Model M or someone starts making modern Space Cadet keyboards.

8 minutes ago, Mason. said:

Corsair K70 RGB Cherry Brown. 

That's a really nice one! Do you take advantage of the LUA stuff?

11 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Logitech G510s keyboard and a Logitech G502 mouse.

At least, that's what I'm using for now until I found out what I did with my Model M or someone starts making modern Space Cadet keyboards.

The CPU/Ram display thingy looks really helpful.

I looked at old ones on ebay, but I don't know if I'd get screwed on it.

8 minutes ago, Mason. said:

I did when I first got it. It got too distracting after a while, though

I can see that. Solid color doesn't really seem to distracting, but when it pulsates it seems to catch my eyes. I'm still in love with the raindrop effect.

8 minutes ago, everennui said:

The CPU/Ram display thingy looks really helpful.

I looked at old ones on ebay, but I don't know if I'd get screwed on it.

They used to be awesome, until a software update made them stop working.

Keyboard: Integrated laptop keyboard

Mouse: Roccat Savu (for 30 euros it is a really good mouse in my opinion)

Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei

Keyboard: SteelSeries 6Gv2

Bought both 4 years ago when they were like the top equipment that some e-sports pros were using at the time.

Not many fancy extras but very good performance and definitely worth the money for me. I'd probably buy them again or something very similar.

For playing Doom I use a Logitech K810 wireless keyboard.  It's small and low profile with backlit keys for playing in the dark.  It's a nice little thing.  I often play on my netbook too.  I just use the built-in KB on it.

For most other gaming I tend to use my DS4 controller with DS4Windows (even Quake and the like).

I have gathered loads of mice over the years but I now use a Logitech M570 trackball for navigating my desktop and browser. 

I got a Razer DeathAdder mouse a few years ago because it was well reviewed, but it's total crap. Bad components, bad drivers, nagging "register now" software. The mouse wheel stopped working a while ago, and the rclick spring is dying now. I've had $7 mice from Logitech that performed much better and longer... so I'm looking at the b100 mentioned by @rehelekretep but I'm tempted by the $25 G203 (looks sleek, minimalist, and has a lot of dpi which is supposedly relevant): 

Spoiler

81Ct9z3yi4L._SL1500_.jpg