Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

Which keyboard and mouse do you use?

8 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

razer goliathus mat

Hmm, shake hands. BTW, it seems this has "control" and "speed", and I accidentally have the "control" one, but it doesn't feel that bad though. Which one do you have?

KB is a refurbished Razer Black Widow I bought from Newegg. I'm completely in love with this thing. Best KB I've ever owned. Prior to this, my preferred KB was a MacPro brushed aluminum thingie with the white keys. So slim, yet so nice and heavy, with soft key action.

I don't use the mouse for gaming. Sticking with keyboard-only keeps my death count nice and high on tough maps, and being a Doom masochist, that's fun for me. But FWIW, my mouse is a Jelly Comb 4000 DPI puppy with multicolored pulsating light. I find it a little small for my hand, though I have done some gaming with it and it seems to work okay.

41 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

@vorpal, that sucks, I bought my wife a death adder and it has served her well.

Yeah I mean it's mostly worked to the point of me being able to tolerate it. But it was like $50 and underperforms those re-branded generic mice you get for free with other purchases at Walmart and whatnot.

Logitech K120 keyboard and an old PS-2 Logitech optical mouse. I would prefer it if both of them are PS-2, but sadly the connections are becoming more and more sparse on modern motherboards.

1 hour ago, Vorpal said:

I got a Razer DeathAdder mouse a few years ago because it was well reviewed, but it's total crap. Bad components, bad drivers, nagging "register now" software. The mouse wheel stopped working a while ago, and the rclick spring is dying now. I've had $7 mice from Logitech that performed much better and longer... so I'm looking at the b100 mentioned by @rehelekretep but I'm tempted by the $25 G203 (looks sleek, minimalist, and has a lot of dpi which is supposedly relevant): 

Reveal hidden contents

81Ct9z3yi4L._SL1500_.jpg 

hah! i have that exact g203 as a replacement for when/if my b100 dies :D

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Hmm, shake hands. BTW, it seems this has "control" and "speed", and I accidentally have the "control" one, but it doesn't feel that bad though. Which one do you have?

i have the 'speed' one. whats the difference?

Just now, rehelekretep said:

i have the 'speed' one. whats the difference?

It's said that "control" is good for RTS games and "speed" is good for FPS games, at least by Razer. However, I guess you'll get used to it eventually. Just like at first I don't want to switch to Pr/GLBoom+ because I can't control properly, but now it's perfectly fine to me.

well i had to turn my mat around because ive worn out the bit near my wrist on one side, so im not sure how much control or speed i have anymore :D

52 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

how old is that? or are they still making them in metal...?

About a decade. It isn't made out of metal - it is some kind of plastic, I think. Here's a screenshot of it:

SteelSeries_S&S_Front.jpg

I consider this kind of surface to be pretty much perfect for precise mouse movement: the sensor has perfect conditions to track movement. You also don't get the noise from glass mouse mats, or the uneven movement from cloth mats. Trivial to clean too.

My keyboard is an old Microsoft one with dedicated internet buttons. It works as well as it did 17 years ago when I got it, just overdue for its yearly cleanup.

My mouse is a Logitech G500. Basically like the MX518 I had before it, with a few more buttons, DPI buttons placed on the edge of the LMB instead of above and below the scrollwheel, and a slot for adding adjustable weights. It's an excellent mouse for me, but it has fallen victim to a dreaded problem with Logitech gaming mice of the past several years. The LMB double-clicks at random times and does not hold files for drag-n-drop. I've taken it apart twice to adjust the little metal bits inside the microswitch and I really don't want to break them with a third adjustment. I thought of getting the G500s but it seems to be afflicted with the same problem.

My mousepad is a clothpad with Hershey's kisses on it, got it along with my MX518. It's got a small depression from my wrist laying on it because I don't want to move my whole arm with my mouse, RSI be damned.

1 hour ago, dpJudas said:

About a decade. It isn't made out of metal - it is some kind of plastic, I think. Here's a screenshot of it:

SteelSeries_S&S_Front.jpg

I consider this kind of surface to be pretty much perfect for precise mouse movement: the sensor has perfect conditions to track movement. You also don't get the noise from glass mouse mats, or the uneven movement from cloth mats. Trivial to clean too.

hah! yes i had that one. i also had the first metal mat, and the first glass mat, called the Icemat. this wouldve been back in 2002-04? thanks for the memory trip!

My KB is a 1997 IBM Model M13 (a black version of the regular Model M with a ThinkPad trackpoint in the middle), plugged into my computer's PS/2 port. Aside from n-key rollover, IBM Model M keyboards have everything I could possibly want and are vastly superior to Cherry switch boards. The Mouse is a Logitech G502 with the RGB. They look a bit strange next to each other, since the Model M13 is a giant hulking ABS plastic and steel tank while the G502 is really kind of silly looking with the stealth space fighter styling but it fits wonderfully in my hand.

I have a Steal Series Diablo III mouse which I got cheaply but the left button eventually snapped inwards and I found a way to keep using it by shoving the button under the gap. As for keyboard I just have a plain black Microsoft branded one.

I use a crappy laptop , and my mouse is a non-gaming mouse which is for 10Dhs which is equivalent to 2.7 U.S dollars. Still works good...

I use a CM Storm Devastator keyboard. Its a decent keyboard with really good life span and nice feeling when typing. Although blue light is already buggy.

My mouse is a chinese  X-08 Cobra, well at least i think is asian. 

But hell, I love that mouse.

''Feel the pain one last time.'' 

I'm currently using an old Dell QuietKey (RT7D5JTW) and a Logitech G400s mouse. I absolutely love this keyboard, but it has minor key rollover problems I never encountered before, which is a bit of a drag but I'm willing to forgive it because it's so damn good to type on.