Find results in...
TootsyBowl

Worst weapon in any game, ever

Title. Criteria for "worst weapon" can include:

1. feels crappy to use

2. is way too weak

3. too gimmicky/impractical

4. you simply don't like it for some irrational reason

The BFG in Doom 1 and 2 is no joke one of the least fun weapons in any game.

The Chainsaw in Silent Hill 4: The Room, grossly under-powered for an unlock, otherwise the Great Knife from Silent Hill 2, far too slow to wield it in any practical situation.

The first Makarov pistol you get in Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. I'd prefer a short, pointy stick to that thing. Maybe a nice pencil.

Snarks from Half-Life, they are too hazardous to use effectively and the AI's simplicity doesn't help as they sit there and ponder the universe 95% of the time if they can't reach you specifically.

That sword in 3D Zelda that costs a lot and breaks near instantly.

Extreme Weapons MOD pack for DOOM.

4 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

^Also what game is that from roofi?

That's the TMP from Counter-Strike 1.6. About as effective on another player as the Klobb.

4 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

@Ajora Is that the game AVGN hates so much?

Nah that's Ghosts N' Goblins a much more deserving game than CastleVania 2 which is probably the game you're talking about. Its beautiful you can get famous for feuds even if a game can't feud back.

1 minute ago, geo said:

Nah that's Ghosts N' Goblins a much more deserving game than CastleVania 2 which is probably the game you're talking about. Its beautiful you can get famous for feuds even if a game can't feud back.

Ghosts n' Goblins, which soundtrack was composed by Tim Follin?

Actually I meant Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, anyways.

1 minute ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Ghosts n' Goblins, which soundtrack was composed by Tim Follin?

Actually I meant Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, anyways.

With over 150 episodes over a decade its tough to tell what he hates especially since now he's taken on a Let's Play format where as it turns out James doesn't hate the games as much as AVGN does.

5 hours ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Firemace? I mean, it's not the worst weapon ever, but it's quite possibly the worst ultimate weapon ever...

It would be a lot better if:

• the balls bounced off of walls
  • didn't disappear in liquids
  • didn't pass through ghosts
  • same for the big balls
  • the little balls did more damage
  • the big balls did more damage against bosses (not instant death of course, just a bit more damage)
  • it had more ammo lying around, and not just in secret spots
  • you got ammo for it from the bag of holding
  • had a single spawn point like every other weapon
  • always spawned like every other weapon
  • the big balls couldn't telefrag you (though this is hilarious when it does happen)

Oh wait... Daikatana weapons. Ion pistol can electrocute you in water. There's some giant bouncing ball that can kill you if it hits you. I think all the weapons can hurt you if you're not too careful with them. Perfect for hard difficulty rather than all difficulties.

3 minutes ago, everennui said:

What would Kevin Lobb say, if he were hear today? 

Throw me a ball with a high arc?

Dead Space 2 Seeker Rifle.

Yes, It deals high damage and is really precise, but hey, when you are facing 6 enemies at the samen time and you can only shot 1 bullet per second with relative high damage (except if you point to the torso, then is low) then you get screwed. The weapons is good for cleaning small enemies, but they are like 4 more weapons that are better at that.

I really hate that thing. 

It's one of the worst games ever made anyway, but the fact that the weapon you get in Cheetahmen shoots out in such a way that it will never hit an enemy is the cherry on the diarrhea sundae. There's a hilarious Cheetahmen mod for the original Mario that makes the fireballs fly straight out in a similarly useless way, it's pretty damn funny honestly