Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Spike

Psychos...

Psychopaths. Nutters. One-card-short-of-a-deck-type people. Love 'em or hate 'em, we read about them everyday - hell, we probably even know one or two.

Some of these characters owe their violent or sadistic tendencies to chemical imbalances. Others, to a tortured childhood. Even more of them do it just because they can get away with it (See the illustrious Dr Harold Shipman).

So, what's your view? Crazy people in a normal world, or perhaps the most normal, rational and reasonable people around?

I think many of those who visit these forums have been labeled as mentally disrupted more than once :P

Yeah, i've had psychologists thrown at me in school, and others think that my drawings suggest i should be seeing the local shrink.
Still, i haven't killed anyone. Yet.

Now, are we specifically talking about violent or disruptive people, or just about uniquely strange human beings in general? I've got a lot of roommate stories in case of the latter. ;)

To tell you the truth, I visited a psychiatrist for a while.
It didn't do shit with me, so I stopped going to that place and just went on playing Doom. That helped me more, actually.

IMJack said:

Now, are we specifically talking about violent or disruptive people, or just about uniquely strange human beings in general? I've got a lot of roommate stories in case of the latter. ;)

Both.
The kind of human that the average person considers 'psychotic' exists in abundance.
Most people probably believe that the line is crossed when the person in question commits a violent act - which in turn suggests that millions of people are metaphoric powdercakes getting ready to explode.

Some suggest psychological screening - and that would open a whole new can of proverbial worms.

I had a psychologist once...then I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chiante. Seriously, I found the best solution for keeping your sanity is my kkeping yourself surrounded with close friends. Failing that, I just get on the internet and bitch at people.

As for psychotics, I say "You're not insane, just sane....in an insane world.

the_Danarchist said:

As for psychotics, I say "You're not insane, just sane....in an insane world.

That's the question, isn't it? How do you define sane?

Spike said:

So, what's your view? Crazy people in a normal world, or perhaps the most normal, rational and reasonable people around?

I thought it had been proven? It's ALL down to playing Doom.

I'm not crazy. The voices in my head say that you are crazy. I'm not crazy....YOU'RE CRAZY!! YER CRAZY!!!! CRAZY!!!!! CRAZY, DAMN YOU, CRAZEEEE$%@#$%#$@%#$%#%@!!!!!!!!!!
Ahem. I am a perfectly sane, rational, person.

I really don't think there is an 'insane'... just lots of different views. How we view the world, each other and ourselves.

Too many people get 'diagnosed' as insane when all the doctor really wants is money. Too many others want to be insane just to be different.

Myself, I'm obsessive compulsive. I am not insane, nor do I want to be. If I lose my mind, nothing else will matter.

*gets the little 'SANE' stamp from the Simpsons.

I know one, constantly bursting out in murderous threats, muttering stuff backwards, telling stories of people he's killed (yet he hasn't been caught). It's because of some disease that takes away his personality and doesn't let him take jokes well. He's short, red-haired, skinny and emotional so he really isn't a danger and they let him in my school.

Coopersville said:

I know one, constantly bursting out in murderous threats, muttering stuff backwards, telling stories of people he's killed (yet he hasn't been caught). It's because of some disease that takes away his personality and doesn't let him take jokes well. He's short, red-haired, skinny and emotional so he really isn't a danger and they let him in my school.

Railgunner?

People at my workplace refuse to talk with me if I am wearing my band shirts...metallica/pantera/slayer

If I am wearing something else, they'll talk. I am pretty sure they think i'm a serial killer or something.

lament said:

THIS POST WAS BLANK BUT NOW IT ISN'T. I MUST HAVE IGNORED THE PART OF THE FAQ THAT SAID DO NOT EXPLOIT FORUM BUGS

????????

Since when is making a blank post considered a bug?

lament said:

????????

I'm curious, too.

In any case, a blank post is a little redundant, don't you think?

lament said:

????????

I think it is a bug, I'm pretty sure their intent was not to allow somebody to post a blank message using the BB Code. Thank you and have a nice day :)

Look! AndrewB exploited a forum bug to say "[b]" which is normally impossible because it generates bold text!

He must be cencored!

Well, psychos? I myself see a psychiatrist every 4 months. nice guy. I get prozac from him. Yummy prozac.....

My brother came back from the army in shambles, and I swear that it was me who had to convice him to keep on living. he refused to tell mom or see a shrink. Gentle as a lamb, stubborn as a mule. sigh.

Woolie Wool said:

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Playing DOOM can cause misanthropism in males.

I'll sit on my ass/All God-damn day/A misanthropic anthropoid/With nothing to/Say... (BR, "Do What You Want")

My mom talked me into seeing a child shrink. It didn't work out. I never had to take psychoactive drugs, thank whatever.

IMJack said:

My mom talked me into seeing a child shrink. It didn't work out.

How do you shrink a child? Them fuckers are small enough.

fodders said:

How do you shrink a child? Them fuckers are small enough.

Like he said...it didn't work. So I guess we know the answer. ^_^

Sadistic psychos who love to cause pain and fear deserve to die. I'd prefer them to die slowly and painfully so they could get a taste of their own medicine, but then someone would get mad (pah, someone would get mad anyway if society decided to just dispose of psychos - why? I dunno).

I'm talking about those useless fuckers who would shoot up a school of people for no reason whatsoever, kidnap innocent people (including children) and in some way or another torture them to death because they think it's fun, etc.