Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wobbo

Games that need to be remade with new technology right now

Sonic the hedgehog - Keep it 2d, but add incredibly high deatail textures with bumpmaps and shaders and whatnot

Mario - see above

Earthworm jim - "" ""

Vectorman 3d - Maybe Doom IIIs tech might work best with dynamic lighting and whatnot. For those who dont remember vectorman was a gennesis game with a character made only up of balls - kind of like estactic

Heretic 3- Like the first game, instead of the thirdperson tomb-raider thing which i hated so much

Pitfall II. but don't DARE change a damned thing!!

A game based off The Terminator that was actually done right with the new tech that's coming would be super sweet.

Maniac Mansion and Day of The tentacle in Doom III-style graphics with the camerapositions of Resident Evil. Now wouldn't that be nice?

Super 3D Noah's Ark!

Heh, it was based on the Wolf3D engine, and you had to go around shooting food into mouths of unruly animals aboard Noah's Ark. It was released on SNES and needed a cartridge to be plugged in the top to be able to play it.

Oh yeah, Tenchu 1/2 as well.

I'd like to see ff6 sneak it's way onto the gba. ;)

I'd say I wanted super metroid on the gba, but they're making fusion.. so...

Yars revenge would look nice totally revamped. ;)
Big flaming explosions.. a little chaser ship that isnt just a small line. Still... there's something to be said for the classics. *hugs her atari*

For some reason, I think that Super Metroid with smoother animation, enhanced lighting effects and higher resolution/color depth would be quite incredibly awesome.

Fredrik said:

For some reason, I think that Super Metroid with smoother animation, enhanced lighting effects and higher resolution/color depth would be quite incredibly awesome.

YES YES YES

Maybe on GCN? I doubt it though since Prime and Fusion are coming out.

Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem genre has the brand new series, Duke Nukem Forever, what are you guys still demanding for another one for? Except it's like they'll never release the game o.o

Bio Menace

Yay, good old times!

Uh, they have remade the old Duke Nukem games (sorta). Ever heard of Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project? It's a sidescroller like the old ones, but has more of the Duke3D flavor to it. I've played the demo and it was really good (doesn't come close to Duke 2, though, which is IMHO one of the best games in creation). You can get the demo at PlanetDuke.com if you want to play it.

And Duke Forever is never coming out. Ever.

Little Big Adventure
Quarantine
Terminator : Rampage

I'd think of more, but i can't be arsed.

abadox. an old-school nes space shooter ala r-type. you fly into the heart of a living planet. everything is meat, bone, pulsating veins and such. very fun game that would be sick if they made it realistic.

maybe friday the 13th in a resident evil style. more puzzles, more manuverabilty.

crystalis. action rpg. just pump up the grapics and control. everything else is fine.

gargoyles quest. gameboy rpg/action game. same as above.

Lord FlatHead said:

Metal Slug 3 !

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! Metal Slug games are awesome! Like Xian said with the high res textures and stuff, keep the 2d sprites, definately keep the gameplay, but add all of those neat high res texturing stuff to the levels!

Silverwyvern said:

I'd like to see ff6 sneak it's way onto the gba. ;)

I'd like to see it done in 3D for shits and giggles, unfortunately that'd probably take away the classicity (is that a word?) of the game

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

I'd like to see it done in 3D for shits and giggles, unfortunately that'd probably take away the classicity (is that a word?) of the game

Ever seen the tech demo Square did for the N64?