Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wobbo

Games that need to be remade with new technology right now

Disorder said:

Maniac Mansion and Day of The tentacle in Doom III-style graphics with the camerapositions of Resident Evil. Now wouldn't that be nice?

Holy shit...that would rule. It would turn into a huge parody of survival horror. Muahaha.

Ghosts 'n' Goblins. Last I heard Capcom were doing a game in 3D with similar theme but had nothing to do with the GnG series. A remake of the original would own though.

The first System Shock. hell I'd settle for a sorce port that stopped it from crashing after five seconds on my computer!

And I would kill every body here for a duke nukem 3d GL source port!

(Umm, but I wont. I love each and evey one of you... no really.)

Duke Nukem Forever=VaporWare!

With the advent of the Doom3 Engine coming up Duke Nukem Forever will be left blowing in the breeze. It'll be a good game, no doubts but Doom III will blow it's proverbial socks clean off! And at least ID Software is letting people see it, and hear it and attend conferences with the ID staff. I loved Duke Nukem, great game but the folks supposedly working on Duke Nukem Forever have been so tight lipped that they treat it like a matter of national security. It's just a game...come on let us see something.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Hero
Galaxy (70.0035 points!)
Mission: Impossible

Memories of that old C64 (that was 1984 I think.... I'm old ;-(

goddam, now I remember all those other great games

- boulderdash
- Green Baret
- Commando !!!
- The Pharoah's Curse

And all these great games where limited to....listen carefull kids....64K.. I think the great game H.E.R.O was only 24K.

GooberMan said:

Ghosts 'n' Goblins. Last I heard Capcom were doing a game in 3D with similar theme but had nothing to do with the GnG series. A remake of the original would own though.

that would be awesome. I think that maximo was inspired by ghost n goblins/ghouls n ghosts.

Daikatana.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to find a way to stop laughing... I said it again...

Bioforge - looked stunning for it's time, and had that freaky mad-scientist-bod in the intro. Would make an excellent adventure game with today's technology.

Quarantine - Brilliant fun, running over petrol-bomb-throwing psychopaths and blowing up buildings from the vantage of a taxi cab. It could combine the elements of Carmageddon and Grand Theft Auto to make an excellent revamp - hi-res driving on the wrong side of the road :)

Mr. Chris said:

Wolfenstein 3d

Telling the truth, the megawad project I currently have in mind (if I ever get around to it) is a "revival" of Wolf 3D. The goal would be to do with Wolf 3D what "Symphony of the Night" did to Castlevania. Obvious parallels...

Didn't they already do a new version of Wolf-3D (RtCW lol!)

Mainiac Mansion was always a hard game for me. I could never win. DOTT was fun and had some pretty funny scenes (the exploding cigar and the port-o-john)

Any Game from the Lucasarts Archive vol. 1 should be remade. ESP Sam and max hit the road!

also

Zork should be remade, not like that crappy Return to Zork, but games 1,2,3,beyond, and Zero

Insomniac said:

I have the grue repellent from Room 8!

Heh...I don't think I ever got that far. Stupid canyon.

IMJack said:

Ever seen the tech demo Square did for the N64?

No I haven't actually, there a website still up on it or anything like that?

Does that have anything to do with the movies on Final Fantasy: Anthologies?