Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Battle_Korbi

How do Doomworldeers deal with general stress?

Besides playing Doom of course.

What do you guys do when daily life gets tough and you become more agitated than 100,000 Revenants? How do you relax and restore energy (when given time to do so)? Is there any method you use to keep your stress levels under control?

I mostly I spend my time outside. It makes me less stressed. Just observing things, watching how people and things move.

When I am stressed I try to fight it.

I listen to music that pumps me up (metal really helps) and may scream silently to feel that I have control of the situation (yes, I am weird), in a few occassions I listen to relaxing music and sit on a chair being calm, hearing my heartbeats slow down (when under stress my heartbeats can be faster than usual at times) or I may go out with my friends and don't care about anything in the world (this option always works, but it is not always easy to meet my friends, as they may be away or they might be doing something).

Listen to favorite music, eat some delicious food (like roasted salmon, which is the best), and......

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

cat videos. 

THIS.

It's monsoon season here, I usually went out to the beach near my place, facing the strong wing and....

God I love power metal.

I feel like it helps to pause for a while and just try to identify the sources of your irritation. Now, that might sound trivial and/or pointless, but actually when you start thinking about what's going on in your mind you can learn some things about yourself and figure out what is really bothering you. And that gives a nice peaceful feeling sometimes.

15 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I feel like it helps to pause for a while and just try to identify the sources of your irritation.

And if that's too much for the time being, because it really isn't always as easy as it sounds, meditation helps a lot. If I didn't mediate as much as I do, I'd probably be a lot more crazy than I am now... But who knows...? Maybe that wouldn't be too bad after all... ;-)

Well....since I live in a stressful city with stressful people in this stressful country, I have many options to handle that. Going outside or watch some YT stuff like relaxing music or simply having a chat with some people that can cheer you up in a mutual way and clear your mind. It can be simple, really...

My stress usually comes from having too much to do and too little time. For me, its a lot of mental bandwith to try and remember all of it, so it helps to write things down on a list, breaking down major things into a bunch of small steps. Handle them one at a time and you'd be relieved at how much work you can get done in a short amount of time.

I listen to music with headphones on that makes me feel positive, drink chamomile tea (or black tea, depending on what's causing the stress), pet and hug my cats, take deep breaths and focus on them... Stuff like that.

Daily meditation, even just a little bit, works nicely as a prophylactic for me. So does religious stuff, like lighting incense while praying. Which I suppose is sorta meditative anyway... I also go fishing when the weather is nice, which really helps since it's not only a quiet activity, but it also surrounds me with nature.

If it's more than just mild everyday stress, though, I start working through my anxiety coping methods.

Been with my one true love, my girlfriend, if there is one last thing I would like to do when I die, is stand by her side, just his voice can finish all fear and pain.

I bottle it up for years at a time with the occasional verbal outbursts towards friends and family when needed.

I am not exactly a paragon of mental health, bear in mind.

13 hours ago, Battle_Kirby said:

How do you relax and restore energy (when given time to do so)? Is there any method you use to keep your stress levels under control?

What language is that?  I've never heard of that word, "relax."  Is it Dutch?

14 minutes ago, silentzorah said:

What language is that?  I've never heard of that word, "relax."  Is it Dutch?

*awkward silence*

Is... this... genuine? Or sarcasm?

*even moar awkward silence*