Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Paul977

Making correct level names (intermission screen)

I'm using BitmapFontWriter to create level names but the graphics are turning out big compared to the ones of doom/doom 2 and other pwads.... 

Someone knows the parameters & the font to use, to make them as the same as the doom/doom 2 intermission level names ?

Thanks in advance

Use the big Doom font and make sure to only use capital letters as the first letters of words and otherwise use non-capital letters. Also, you need to edit the pictures generated by BitmapFontWriter in another graphic editor to cut away unnecessary transparent borders.

Edited by scifista42

Hey @scifista42 I did like you explained but it didn't work : / . I'd have to not use the capital letters to have name in the correct way. I post two screenshots to show the result:

5CC8IF3.png

wkK2gkm.png

Seems like there are some lines between the level name and the word FINISHED compared to the doom 2 correct screenshot, I don't get how to remove them

Nevermind the capital letters, I forgot that Doom only uses them in menu graphics, not intermission graphics.

Your screenshot looks like you didn't do the second thing I said. To clarify, select a rectangle containing only the text and not any transparent pixels around it, and cut the picture's actual size down so that only the selection will remain.

5 hours ago, scifista42 said:

Your screenshot looks like you didn't do the second thing I said. To clarify, select a rectangle containing only the text and not any transparent pixels around it, and cut the picture's actual size down so that only the selection will remain.

I attached the .bmp file of the level name here. Can you tell me if this is correct ? 

Thanks

Night.zip

No, your graphic contains a single row of transparent pixels above the letters and another row of transparent pixels below the letters.